To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 Sweet Applewood Lane
Cudahy, WI 53110
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Smithfield Foods • Cudahy, WI
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for the protection and safeguarding of plant assets, personnel, visitors and customers.Responsibilities
- Supports division and site safety, quality, productivity, environmental and cost reduction goals.
- Patrols premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensures security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises. Enforces identification badge procedures.
- Conducts incident investigations. Investigates alarms or disturbances and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations.
- Monitors vehicle traffic.
- Protects property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, fire and accidents.
- Answers telephone calls to take messages, answer questions and provides information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Provides any needed assistance to customers, employees and visitors with the department's procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related field of study and 2+ years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Military or law enforcement background, preferred.
- Knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures.
- Ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
- Incident investigation and documentation skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint. SAP and AS400 software experience, a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize daily work assignments, meet deadlines and manage time wisely with minimal supervision.
- Strong mathematical, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather and weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather and weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.