The General Utility, under the direction of the department manager/supervisor, is responsible for assisting in any and all phases of production, preparation, sanitation and/ or packaging of the product. Providing general help labor where needed in all areas of the plant. Essential Job Duties
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Assists in the production of goods to include, but not limited to: pre-weighing ingredients and staging for mixing operations, cutting of raw materials, removal of discarded product/materials, and picking out defects on conveyors based on specifications.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all areas of manufacturing including but not limited to: cardboard removal, floors swept/mopped, counters and equipment cleaned to ensure health and safety requirements are maintained. Ensures area is organized according to 5S/production standards.
- Lubricates, hand cleans parts, and assembles production equipment.
- Performs a variety of general manual labor tasks within the site, (e.g., lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading materials, assisting in the handling of heavy materials, making minor repairs, etc.).
- Works with others as a team to complete tasks in an efficient manner to ensure the line is ready for startup and/or shutdown as well as to minimize downtime.
- Assists other employees with their assigned work tasks.
- Packages or assists in packing, finished goods, parts, materials, and equipment for customer delivery.
- Delivers and Picks up materials in various parts of the plant when needed.
- Performs routine maintenance to equipment.
- Follows department rules, procedures, routines, and requirements to complete assigned duties.
- If qualified, may be asked to operate machinery within the site.
- Practices and adheres to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), Allergen program, and Safety guidelines/procedures.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
High School Diploma or GED required. Manufacturing experience preferred. Travel Required
Minimal travel may be required.
Good Manufacturing Practices
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19275
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company’s products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder’s-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Texas, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder’s of Hanover, Lance, Cape Cod, Krunchers!, Tom’s, Archway, Jays, Stella D’oro, O-Ke-Doke, and Grande brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed nationally through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. The Company Snyder’s-Lance Inc. was formed by bringing the best of two companies together in Snyder’s of Hanover and Lance Inc. in December 2010.
View the full profile