The Supply Chain Franchise Manager is strategically responsible for the health of a franchise, ensuring supply meets demand or actions are taken if not. This responsibility includes being the go-to person for stakeholders including executives when comes to supply chain related questions/topics. The Supply Chain Franchise Manager is responsible for daily management of the product as well as engaging in necessary strategic discussions. Risks and issues that might and do arise over time are managed and measures are taken to correct.
The SCFM works cross functionally and interacts with stakeholders in all hierarchies. Its main stakeholders are R&D, NPI, Sales/Marketing, Business Operations, International Demand Planning, and Production Control. By ensuring that correct daily management metrics are in place and by gathering necessary stakeholders in regular forums (f.i. PSI meetings), the SCFM manages the portfolio on a daily basis. Depending on characteristics of the franchise the SCFM ensures that the right people are gathered to make the necessary decisions to ensure risks are mitigated.
The SCFM does not have direct reports but is supported by all functions and whenever risks arise the functions ensure escalation to the SCFM.
Position Requirements & Candidate Key Attributes
This position requires a holistic thinker, proven senior level facilitator across operations and supply chain, proven rapid transformations, and capability of highly effectively influencing leadership at both C-level and operational supervisor levels. Critical proven activities should include functional implementations of strategies to execution, vision of automation, development of multi-echelon scheduling, and full accountability for targeted business deliverables.
- Leadership through ownership and a management style of accountability
- Established methodologies with proven cross functional facilitation within operational projects
- Holistic thinker focused on business needs when implementing change
- Extremely good with presentation tools as well as having the ability to hold a convincing presentation to executives
- Experience with standard work, planning process, value-analysis, material flow
Essential Job Responsibilities & Candidate Experience
- Rationalize demand plan & drive to a united view of the development
- Ensure confidence in the demand signal that is driving the supply chain for the portfolio
- Engage with key partners in sales/marketing/business operations to understand the characteristics of the portfolio as well as messaging the challenges in the supply chain area
- Set up and drive forums with key partners / senior leaders with the target to unite the view of the demand / potential of the franchise (PSI lead)
- Accountable for driving the franchise to set targets (For instance OTD, E&O, Inventories), ensure driving to root cause in case of deviation
- The SCFM sets the metrics for the portfolio depending on the characteristics of the portfolio
- Monitor & manage the WOS throughout the supply chain network, ensure driving to root cause in case DC stock out & sales orders can´t be supplied
- Participate in forums covering NPI / R&D / Market expansion
- Ensure understanding of revenue commitment and work to close gap to operational plan
- Point of contact on health of the franchise within SC; escalate on partner groups if plan can´t be supported
- If build plan does not support the WOS trend that is required, engage with other SCFL as well as PC to come up with a tradeoff that is the most effective solution and that makes sense at global level
- Ability to translate strategy to action; influence, negotiation, change management, and presentation
- Steering committee facilitation and communication of analytics, charter, processes, activities, decisions, and change. Ensures socialization and documentation
- Capability to concisely communicate complex and controversial issues
- Technical expert in broad supply chain areas, supporting management, creative new solutions, and execution of wide breadth of initiatives
- Develop and facilitate organizing and conducting relevant, concise, data driven, professional presentations to leadership with concise recommendations
- Optimize cross functional resources to achieve complex and unique objectives within budget and timelines
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practice for medical devices in FDA regulated environment desired
- 10 or more years of experience within supply chain planning, preferably as a program manager or a planning executive
- University degree in business operations or similar background
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.