Registered Nurse (RN)
Shift: Day & Evening available
Hours: 6a-2p; 2p-10p
Licensure: Texas RN License
- Models a service and solutions oriented attitude towards others, takes ownership in solving problems and takes the initiative to make things better, is friendly and courteous to residents, patients and co-workers
- Ensures that all residents under his/her direct supervision is provided care and services to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental and psychosocial well-being, i.e., maintain current weight, prevent pressure ulcers, maintain or improve self care abilities.
- Supervises and directs care given to residents by Med. Aides and CNA’s in an appropriate manner.
- Ensures continuity of care by appropriately directing, teaching and counseling the support staff
- Practices standard infection control techniques
- Promptly reviews, revises and confirms staff assignments at the beginning of the shift, to ensure all residents are assigned a caregiver.
- Assess the resident’s clinical condition and productivity of the assigned staff
- Notify the MD, family, administrative staff and direct care providers of resident change in condition and necessary follow up
- Ensure residents receive prescribed diets, monitors meal percentages, offers substitutes when appropriate, report weight loss to DON, ADON and MD and provides appropriate interventions for weight loss
- Completes admission, transfer and discharge information as indicated.
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Texas R.N. License is required
- Demonstrated supervisory and managerial skills
- Ability to perform essential duties below
- Knowledge of current professional nursing theory and practice
- Excellent technical, assessment and documentation skills
- Ability to organize work flow, respond to emergencies and note detail
- Ability to maintain a positive, stable disposition in performing work in association with staff and residents. Ability to maintain a high level of performance in an environment of frequent demands and changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Will you pledge to live CAPLICO?
The Villages of Dallas' commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world class health care. Our company mission is to dignify and transform post-acute care. Our facility’s success is dependent upon our highly motivated clinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding our company’s mission of delivering care with compassion and integrity. We value innovation and creativity in our buildings and love a healthy debate that challenges us to learn and grow.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with being a member of our culture? Are you a RN who is eager to make a difference? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of providing exceptional care and making a positive impact in the lives of everyone we serve.
Customer Second: When we take care of our team first, it reflects positively on our customer care.
Accountability: We strive for quality of life and reach for high standards as a team.
Passion For Learning: We want to be at the forefront of change; there is always something we can learn.
Love One Another: Treat others the way you want to be treated. It’s simple, yet effective.
Intelligent Risk Taking: If something makes sense, we’re willing to give it a try.
Celebration: We celebrate life every day of the year with our teammates and residents.
Ownership: When everyone on the team is encouraged to take ownership of the care that they give, it positively improves their attitude, which affects everyone around them, from teammates to residents.
We would love to meet you and hear your pledge to live CAPLICO with us.
In addition to hiring Registered Nurses (RNs) who exhibit the above qualities that help us create a world class culture, we offer competitive wages, mentorship and training for new graduates, tuition reimbursement, dependent care and public transportation FSAs, cell phone and movie ticket discounts, 401(k) with matching contributions, career advancement opportunities, and medical, dental, and health insurance. Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at www.ensignbenefits.com
The Villages of Dallas
550 E Ann Arbor Ave.
Dallas, Texas 75216
URL blocked - click to apply
Unable to apply at the moment, or are you interested in hearing more about future opportunities with us? Join our talent network at URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply