Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMH-NP) – Behavioral Health – Outpatient Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – Outpatient
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut’s leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. Rushford offers a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of Rushford’s specialists, they continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services. Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Role Scope
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
- Evaluate and manage psychiatric disorders
- Coordinate appropriate follow up care, referrals, and case management
- Performs crisis intervention and medication management
- Develop and implement long and short range treatment plans
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures, and provides patient notification and follow up care
- Solicits medical management consult or input when appropriate
- Completes all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system
- Work in collaborative practice with Psychiatrist
- Travel to additional sites in Glastonbury, Middletown, Meriden, Durham, Avon,and Cheshire.
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible environment
- In-depth training for candidates without behavioral health experience
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Qualifications Advanced Practitioner Requirements
We take great care of careers.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Board Certification preferred
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse