SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Our East Syracuse, NY laboratory is looking for an EHS Facilities Manager to join their team! Safety is of paramount importance. It is important to pursue all safety initiatives in a manner that provides a role model for other employees. The 15 SGS rules of life will be embraced and followed.
- Oversees all items outlined on Safety Process List (QC-FORM-187). Includes but not limited to:
- Maintains Safety Records
- Maintains Schedules of in-house testing, monitoring and training.
- Maintains SDS
- Heads the Safety team.
- Responds to safety Building requests.
- For the full list see QC-FORM-187.
- Oversees the waste management of the laboratory.
- Oversees the safety of work areas.
- Responsible for updating chemical hygiene plan and safety manual annually.
- Provides new employees with safety tours and safety materials.
- Performs safety inspections periodically.
- Responsible for responding to emergency situations in the Lab.
- Responsible for the timely response to any safety related action items or documentation needs that may arise.
- Responsible for the timely response to all e-mail, voicemail, verbal and written requests.
- Promotes safety culture throughout the lab.
- Oversees needs of the building, evaluates requests for work/maintenance, requests approval as needed, coordinates quoting, scheduling, and completion of work needed with approved contractors; facilitates contractor approval as needed.
- Ensures building requests are managed through the help desk support system in a timely manner.
- Ensures all building maintenance functions are performed on schedule (i.e. boiler maintenance, air system, hoods, etc.).
- Ensures the building security system is functioning properly and meets the requirements to protect staff and equipment.
- Manages key fob access for all employees.
- Is primary contact for any security alarms 24/7/365.
- Attends data integrity training and lab training as required.
- Ensures cleanliness of work area.
- Responsible for the timely response to all email, voicemail, verbal and written requests.
- Operates within the guiding principles of the company.
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science or business with two (2) years of industry experience OR an Associate's degree in a related science/business with three (3) years of industry experience OR a High School diploma with five (5) years of business or industry experience.
- Working knowledge and the ability to learn accounting systems and Microsoft office applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a production environment
- Ability to lift/carry/push and/or pull upwards of 40 lbs on a frequent basis
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
- Accounting Systems
- Attention To Detail
- Help Desk