To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rancho Cordova, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Collections Representative - Rancho Cordova, CA
UnitedHealth Group • Rancho Cordova, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Perform research on various computer systems and document customer information regarding current status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Use mail, email and phones to contact customers to discuss, negotiate payment and resolve outstanding medical bill accounts and balances
- Obtain agreement on potential balance payoff and/or payment terms within stated level of authority and guideline limits
- Prepare and submits reports to internal management on status of outstanding medical bills and proposed/planned payment settlement details
This is a challenging role that requires providing best in class service to our customers during their times of difficulty. It's a fast paced environment that requires focus and ability to multi-task throughout the day. This is a 40 hour, full time role working flexible shifts, sometimes including evenings or Saturdays. We require our employees to be flexible enough to work any shift, any day of the week during those hours.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment, call center setting, phone support, or customer service role
- 1+ years of billing or collections experience
- Knowledge of Healthcare billing / collections related experience
- Knowledge of Medicare billing regulations and requirements including claim submission, claims follow - up, appeals process
- Knowledge of UB92 and 1500 bill forms and filing requirements
- Knowledge of managed care and commercial insurance / self - pay regulations
- Experience with Claims follow - up, appeals process and other focused review processes
Taking care of business at UnitedHealth Group translates to more meaning and impact as you help improve the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we're on the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Healthcare, Managed Care, Billing Representative, Billing, Collections, Claims, Customer Service, Medical Billing