Identify issues and resolve problems in this stimulating Assistant Controller position. This role would be best suited for candidates who consider themselves a self-starter. As the Assistant Controller, you will oversee the day to day of the accounting staff and send reports to the Controller. This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Plano, Texas area. Make an impact by applying through Robert Half Finance & Accounting and joining a well-managed organization.
- Establish relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly flash report, key financial metrics, and actual spend against budgets/outlook
- Classify and develop Ad Hoc financial reports
- Lend a hand to ensure a competent, trained staff through goal setting, regular assessment, and development
- Draw up numerous procedures, policies, and technical accounting analyses
- Assist implementation and assure adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Assure regular account reconciliation to completion
- Enhanced preparation and coordination of fiscal year-end audits
- Name and create process improvements to streamline reporting and improve team efficiency
- Foster accountability and the meeting of deliverables
- Be instrumental in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including budgeting and forecasting
- Supervise the accounting team during the closing process to certify deadlines are met
- Other duties when requested
- Backfill for Controller if necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Ability to multitask and communicate effectively with individuals of all backgrounds
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience
- Understanding GAAP and firm accounting policies and procedure
- Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
- CPA a plus
- Strong communication and social skills and able to receive criticism well
- Solid understanding of account reconciliation
- Noteworthy accounting experience, including as a Bookkeeper preferred
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.