We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented writer/management volume lead to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
As an integral thought leader, the Management Volume Lead is responsible for all aspects of proposal content creation and will primarily develop the management, transition, and staffing plan sections of the proposal. Based on the requirements of each proposal, the Volume Lead will: Implement documented processes, methods, tools, and models in accordance with the Unisys proposal process, analyze RFP requirements and develop proposal outlines as well as compliance artifacts for volumes and/or sections, develop resource requirements (number of staff, skills) needed to develop the volume, tailor and document the implementation of the Unisys integrated program management framework and toolset to the specific pursuit, develop and enforce interim milestones across a team of section leads, authors and contributors to achieve the top-level proposal schedule, support development of proposal themes, strengths, discriminators, messages, solutions, risk mitigation, etc. and allocate these elements to proposal sections. The candidate will also demonstrate dependability and exceptional customer service skills.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Develop program organizational structures and program concept of operations best suited to meet customer requirements
Ensure appropriate tools, processes, and methodologies are planned for effective program cost and schedule control
Oversee the development of program planning artifacts such as Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Integrated Master Plans (IMP), and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
Develop and/or review staffing plans to include employee recruiting, hiring and retention; ensure key personnel meet required qualifications and develop resumes accordingly
Lead a cross-functional team to identify and document mitigation plans for program risks
Develop and document the contract transition approach required to assume full program responsibility from another contractor; closely work across the organization to ensure effective transition planning
Develop and/or review basis of estimates to ensure consistency with the proposed management and transition approach
Collaborate with the Capture Manager, Proposal Manager, Solution Architects, program personnel, teammates, and/or other members of the capture team to ensure proposed management solutions are clearly documented and well communicated
Author and edit proposal content including text and graphics taking inputs from key contributors to construct a compliant and compelling response
Support development of proposal themes, strengths, discriminators, messages, solutions, risk mitigation, etc. and allocate these elements to proposal sections
Assess proposal content (compliance and quality as represented in proposal structure, text, and graphics) and provide direction to proposal content contributors on a daily basis
Analyze RFP requirements and develop proposal outlines as well as compliance artifacts for volumes and/or sections
Coordinate inputs from a team of section leads, authors and contributors to formulate work plans and develop effective proposal sections
Develop and enforce interim milestones across a team of section leads, authors and contributors to achieve the top-level proposal schedule
Assess and integrate feedback from color review teams
Respond to customer Evaluation Notices and prepare Final Proposal Revisions (FPR)
• U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
• A Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 8 years’ experience in business operations, program management and/or related areas of expertise is required.
• A Master’s degree in business administration or operational excellence is preferred
• Must have the ability to collect, analyze, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data.
• Proficiency in working with a team to identify business process improvements delivering significant value to an organization is required.
• Must have the ability to build strong working relationships with leaders.
• PMP Certification or ability to obtain certification
• Strong knowledge of proposal processes and procedures
• Experience planning or managing projects/programs that include systems/software development, cloud implementation, cybersecurity, and operations and maintenance
• Understanding of the US Government acquisition process (FAR, DFAR, and ITAR)
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Able to work collaboratively across organizations to resolve problems and achieve results under extreme time pressures and in visible and impactful circumstances
• Strong leadership skills, proposal and/or team management experience, proposal preparation skills, and requirements definition experience.
• Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills that mobilize multi-disciplined teams to work well together
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects and under tight deadlines
• Ability to work with teams and individuals of varying working styles
• Ability to work overtime often with limited advance notice
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.