ALSO SEEKING RN'S FOR LEVY COUNTY
Provides nursing services within the scope of practice in the respective state and in conformance with agency policies and procedures and the patient’s plan of care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate professional conduct and ethics according to agency policy and procedure.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information and all Agency operations.
- Provide nursing services in compliance with agency policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations.
- Perform initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the patient’s needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments at appropriate time points.
- Initiate the plan of care and revise as necessary in coordination with the physician, the patient and based on the OASIS assessment and the clinical care model.
- Provide nursing services and/or treatments indicated on plan of care.
- Counsel and educate the patient and family on disease process, self-care techniques and prevention strategies.
- Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Document within the electronic medical record the visit performed and all skill provided to include coordination of care, notification of physician and any additional orders obtained
- Coordinate services with other members of the health care team.
- Make referrals to other medical services, as needed.
- Inform the physician and other staff of changes in the patient’s status and or needs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of care.
- Supervise Licensed Practical Nurses/Licensed Vocational Nurses and other paraprofessionals providing services.
- Supervise the provision of personal care provided by the Home Health Aide
- Plan for the patient’s discharge from home health services/and or continued need for care.
- Promote patient and family’s independence from home health care.
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, representatives of other departments and community agencies.
- Participate in patient case conferences.
- Participate in Nursing and Administrative On –Call rotation.
- Complete all annual in-service training and competency assessments as required.
- Perform other job duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Nursing including participating in performance improvement activities; i.e., record reviews and performance improvement groups.
- Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the respective state.
- One (1) year home health care experience preferred.
- Background screening acceptable to the Agency.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance.
- Able to work autonomously with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and is detail oriented.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferred.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate in English
- Able to work as a team member.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work under stress and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, lifting, bending, reaching, pulling, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing and seeing.
- Must be able to travel to patient’s homes and to agency-sponsored programs and meetings.
- Reasonable accommodation will be made to accommodate a qualified individual with a disability.
Complex Problem Solving
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 0FA6013322
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Our philosophy is to provide the highest level of quality medical care in the least restrictive environment, your home. Your medical treatment, safety and happiness are most important to us. Our skilled and ancillary services meet and exceed the government standards, rules and regulations. We are committed to ensuring the individual rights and privileges of our patients and comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1975. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability with regards to admission, access to treatment or employment.
View the full profile
Care must be consistent with the needs of our patient while at the same time be cost effective. By treating you, our patient, at home, skilled home care nurses can identify complications in the early stages and report them to your physician, by doing so Comprehensive Home Care can work with your physician to prevent additional hospital stay or other traumatic experience.