* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design (e.g., Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, Industrial, etc.), Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field.
* Experience with industry standard design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVisio, Principle, etc.).
* Experience in designing usable interfaces.
* A design portfolio showcasing design principles for web or mobile platforms.
* Currently attending a Master's degree program in the US with plans to return to the degree program after completion of the internship.
* Available to work full time for a minimum of 12 weeks outside of university term time.
* UX internship or experience working (e.g., personal projects, academic projects, volunteer projects, etc.) in Interaction, Graphic Design or Motion Design.
* Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
About the job
Join us for a unique 12-14 week internship during Summer 2023 with start dates in May or June.
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of a Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired and refined. In this role, you'll address complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use solutions for people around the world.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $81,000-$100,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
* Help to define the user model and user interface for Google products and features.
* Develop high level or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
* Collaborate with product managers, engineers, researchers, writers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
* Evaluate the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Android Studio
- Apple Xcode