We are searching for an experienced Credit Analyst.
Provides full service to Commercial Loan Officers through analyzing basic commercial loan requests, identifying strengths and weaknesses, providing recommendations, and noting any deviations from the Commercial Loan Policy as appropriate.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
1. Analyzes financial statements (including performance ratios) of all levels of quality to develop initial assessment by identifying strengths and weaknesses as pertaining to borrower’s historical operating performance.
2. Responsible for preparing written analyses which may include: Credit investigation of the borrower and guarantors, in-depth historical financial analysis, in-depth projection financial analysis, in-depth analysis of the secondary sources of repayment such as collateral, in-depth analysis of a guarantor’s financial position.
3. Responsible for collecting and maintaining industry data from outside sources including references from other banks, credit agencies, as well as accessing information through the internet.
4. Responsible for preparing loan documentation for the Commercial Loan Officers including approval, denial, or alternative structure.
5. Attends Loan Review Committee, as well as Board of Directors, as appropriate, to be available to answer questions regarding credit analysis as necessary.
6. Performs analysis of TCU’s vendors and commercial credit card portfolio.
7. Responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly, annual reports and schedules as assigned by the Manager of Commercial Lending.
8. Participates in civic activities to promote growth and development of the community and a positive image for the Credit Union.
9. Will assume additional responsibilities as requested by the Manager of Commercial Lending.
• Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and analyze financial data and credit reports.
• PC skills: including data entry and basic software knowledge and knowledge of spreadsheets.
• Responsible for protecting the Credit Union’s assets through sound lending decisions.
• Attend a minimum of 2 RMA commercial lending seminars.
• Accountable for understanding and applying government laws and regulations and TCU policies and procedures relating to the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US PATRIOT ACT and OFAC.
Bank Secrecy Act
Office Of Foreign Assets Controls