Inside Sales - Lumber Fort Wayne, IN or Northeast U.S. preferably New York
Division / Department LBM/Lumber
Reports to Lumber Sales Manager
Reporting to position Lumber DM
Travel As required
Description This position is responsible for servicing Do it Best Corp. members in a specific sales trading area and requires Lumber and Building Materials experience and/or sales experience. Responsible for negotiating pricing programs for members and contributing to corporate objectives and achievements. The best candidate will be enthusiastic and passionate about the lumber industry, establishing relationships with members and vendors, while meeting sales targets. Team members receive competitive wages and benefits including an annual bonus opportunity, comprehensive health insurance and generous profit sharing.
- Represent Do it Best Corp and it’s member/owners/customers in a professional way to vendors
- Handle all duties related to basic Trader functions: order generation, confirmations, shipment mechanics, follow-up, and status reports.
- Assist members in sourcing products from the vendors with the best value proposition.
- Daily communication with membership
- Maintaining viable relationships with members and vendors to attract stronger sales volumes, and better sourcing options.
- Handle all Trader/Vendor/Member issues, including conflicts, claims, late shipments, etc.
- Continually strive to improve one’s knowledge base pertaining to our products, business, and industry.
- Travel to shows, members, and vendors as required.
- Maintain current and detailed information in the Member Maintenance System
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years lumber industry or sales/purchasing experience
- Working knowledge of a LBM Co-op
- Additional Sales Training Course
Skills and Abilities
- Industry/marketplace knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of PC’s and Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work Independently, with minimum supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Do it Best Corp.
- Proficient in reading Member/Vendor intentions
- Working knowledge of Lumber Futures Market