4116 Whiteside St Los Angeles California 90063-1619
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Mechanic C position in the Maintenance department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist in keeping the mechanical equipment and structure of the plant in repair. Additionally, you will…
- Perform Light electrical work to repair or maintain company equipment.
- Move hazardous waste drums from still room to the hazardous waste storage area
- Install and configure new equipment as well as dismantle and replace defective or old parts and machines
- Plan and manage the repair and maintenance of all equipment and buildings
- Adjust necessary equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation
What it takes
- Must be able to read and write to complete and log all maintenance requests and repairs
- Must be able to demonstrate a proficiency in simple mechanical tasks
- Must have basic mathematical skills
- Must be able to operate a forklift and have a fork lift license
- Capable of lifting up to fifty pounds regularly. Capable of unlimited bending, turning, stooping and twisting.
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Class C boiler license if location has boiler
- Hazardous waste minimization
- Hazardous communication
- Emergency response
- 3 years’ experience industrial maintenance
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call Phone number blocked - click to apply or email Email blocked - click to apply.