To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Specialist, Carrier Sales, Road US (Freight Brokerage)
DSV • Houston, TX
Posted 2 months ago
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Houston, TX
Job Posting Title: Customer Service Specialist, Carrier Sales, Road US (Freight Brokerage)
The Customer Service Specialist, Carrier Sales is an integral part of the Road US team’s freight brokerage operations. They assist with the building and development of relationships with carriers and customers by providing exceptional customer service. They ensure that correct information is provided to carriers and clients, while accurately tracking various shipment pick-ups and deliveries to their final delivery destination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops carrier relationships in order to effectively support customers.
- Maintains and grows relationships with carrier accounts.
- Ensures problem resolution; including identifying issues, applying critical thinking to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions.
- Has daily contact with carriers to determine availability while negotiating transportation rates.
- Provides consistent and exceptional customer service levels to carriers and customers.
- Researches new carriers within the market, generates leads, and develops new carrier relationships.
- Makes cold and warm calls to current and potential clients to promote business growth and development.
- Studies and understands seasonal market trends.
- Handles dispatch operations with carriers and drivers.
- Tracks shipment from pickup through delivery so that accurate, up-to-date information can be provided regarding shipments.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma.
- 1 years’ experience in a logistics, brokerage, or customer service field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Solid analytical experience in Excel required
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Position requires strong mathematical skills for project development
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in using a Windows-based computer
- Great phone presence and effective interpersonal communication skills
Education and/or Experience
- 6 months’ industry experience
- Experience in Oracle preferred
- Experience with Transportation management software a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 47,000 employees in more than 75 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at www.dsv.com