Edgewell Personal Care is a leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor of over 25 well-known brands of consumer and personal care products. We are 6000 colleagues strong with a presence in over 50 countries.
Edgewell's brands include Wet Ones personal care wipes, (manufactured in our Sidney, Ohio plant), shaving products including Schick and Wilkinson Sword razors and blades, shaving gels including Edge and Skintimate, Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic sun screens, Playtex Infant Care products, including spill-proof cups, baby bottle liners, pacifiers, and Diaper Genie; Feminine Care products, including Playtex and o.b. tampons, and Stay free and Care free pads and liners.
Our latest additions to the Edgewell family of personal care brands include two full product lines of skin care and grooming products for men: Bull Dog and Jack Black.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for continually improving safety, quality, efficiency and utilization in a consumer products manufacturing environment. This is accomplished by identifying and tracking key critical production parameters, applying statistical process control techniques, executing variation reduction projects and continually reporting data and progress to Operations and Management teams. Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods. Provides manufacturing support in all areas of production of formula and finished goods. This includes batching and liquid fill and packaging operations.
- Support achievement of key metrics, including quality, safety, productivity, cost and employee development, through process changes and improvement.
- Apply process improvement tools including statistical process control, process mapping, control charts, design of experiments, lean manufacturing waste elimination studies, process capability studies, development and implementation of control plans, design and process (FMEA) and process control data management.
- Define and develop process opportunity costs to maximize productivity.
- Create link between operational requirements/capabilities and material supplier capabilities.
- Participation on productivity and process improvement initiatives and teams.
- Support all facets of Internal U.S. Manufacturing Operations with emphasis on improving productivity through higher efficiencies, reduced scrap, and optimized labor.
- Work with Project Engineers in development of new equipment performance requirements.
- Assist Validation Engineers with qualification of new processes.
- Write and modify associated cGMP paperwork as needed (examples include: Sops, Bill of Materials, etc.) and train on modifications as needed
- Initiate investigation activity and troubleshoot problems in processing; discovers causes of non-conformance, i.e., slow throughput, poor quality and/or unsafe design.
- Writes and executes engineering protocols as needed.
- Investigates manufacturing problems and recommends solutions
- Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards
- Provides daily support to all levels of operations and personnel to optimize operations.
- Develops and maintains accurate data on machine and equipment performance.
- Assists in the design concept of new or replacement equipment to ensure compatibility with existing systems and serviceability.
- Maintains documentation within quality system for change control, validation, work instructions, process and product specs and other operational specs as needed.
- In a team environment effectively support project team’s activities in the development and introduction of product changes and new products.
- Initiate and implement efficiency improvements resulting in positive cost benefits for the business.
- Research new processes and materials that may have application within the company.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES / DECISION MAKING
- B.S. in Engineering, Science or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience with liquid fill production equipment and FDA regulations, desired.
- Ability to create a team environment with Operators, Operation Management, and suppliers.
- Lean methodologies
- Manufacturing Methods
- Operational Continuous Improvement
- Strong organizational skills.
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under tight timelines.
- Tenacity and energy in leading effective change towards an improved work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills with the ability to see a complex task or project through to completion.
- Troubleshooting skills
Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Product Quality Assurance
Computer Aided Design