To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Somerset, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Support Technician
Lyneer Staffing Solutions • Somerset, NJ
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The IT Support Technician must demonstrate an understanding of computing and communication
systems, Windows operating systems, IT best practices, user support, workstation setup, Active Directory user creation, and level one troubleshooting. Understanding of networking and security concepts both physical and logical is a plus.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
* Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications
* Basic troubleshooting of technical issues including diagnosing and solving those stemming from hardware, software, or connectivity failure
* Set up of new users' accounts, profiles and password resets
* Prioritization and organization of IT support ticket management and first level user support
* Working continuously on a task until completion
* Must have a high level of availability even outside normal business hours
* Understanding of Active Directory and its administration
* Basic computer hardware, peripherals, and their installation, maintenance and support
* Basic troubleshooting steps and standard IT procedures
* Intermediate or advanced understanding of Windows operating systems and other Microsoft software
* Thirst for knowledge, love for IT, and a drive toward perfection
Qualifications and training required
A degree is not always necessary, though graduates with relevant qualifications may be preferred. The computing world evolves very quickly and new technologies are always being developed so it is more important that candidates keep IT knowledge up to date.