Under general supervision of the Program Manager, the Medical Services Manager (MSM) will direct and administer all day-to-day operations for the Troop Medical Clinic (TMC), in accordance with established Army policies to provide high quality health care services. He/she will be responsible for providing direction and leadership to all TMC staff to ensure the delivery of quality health care services and wellness programs to active duty personnel, command-sponsored dependents, authorized Department of Defense (DoD) personnel and authorized contract workers and retirees.
The MSM will work with the Director of Health Services, Camp As Sayliyah, Doha, Qatar as well as the Q-BOSS Program Management Office of the Prime Contractor to achieve the goals of the TMC and the Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs and manages the day-to-day operations of the TMC to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being accomplished efficiently.
- Ensures that an adequate range of services, programs and interventions that support quality health care are available to authorized beneficiaries at Camp As Sayliyah.
- Works with the Director of Health Services to meet the needs of the soldiers and tenant units and to ensure the clinic is providing the right mix of services.
- Collaborates with the Director of Health Services with regards to the range of services provided and any quality of care issues.
- Ensures care provided meets established guidelines for each service department and that all care provided is appropriate and necessary and that best practices govern all providers, nurses and the clinical psychologist working in the clinic.
- Responsible for the efficient use of the medial facilities, support personnel, medical equipment, and supplies.
- Ensures there is adequate staffing of the clinic at the TMC at all times and maintains medical coverage 24/7.
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of all professional, clinical, operational and administrative staff.
- Implements procedures to ensure all personnel have appropriate orientation, training and evaluation of all clinical and administrative procedures.
- Maintains a program to review all operating procedures on a regular basis, and recommends and develops policies and procedures to improve and streamline operations.
- Coordinates and tracks training requirements for medical personnel.
- Recommends and develops policies and procedures to improve and streamline operations.
- Responsible for managing the TMC operating budget.
- Provides oversight on all staffing schedules within the clinic and responsible for time keeping of personnel.
- Oversees the TriCare program and acts as a liaison with host nation facilities whenever needed.
- Plan and facilitate internal meetings, trainings, and team-building exercises as well as coordinate external trainings, seminars and/or briefings.
- Ensures all personnel are compliant with all Exelis and Government polices established within the Area Support Group – Qatar (ASG-Qatar) as well as all GW MFA
- Monitor the quality and appropriateness of services provided for each section of the Clinic.
- Approves all works schedules and leaves according to the needs of the Clinic.
- Assist with the submission and management of provider credentialing / licensure packets to Landshtul, Germany for authorization of medical privileges.
- Review new applicant’s credentials and makes recommendation for hiring actions.
- Maintain all relevant program records and documentation for all international contract staff.
- Maintains oversight of health benefits administration and will attend TRICARE training as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Health Services in maintaining host nation relationships and in settling disputes between the host nation medical facilities and the clinic.
- Performs duties as liaison between the Camp As Sayliyah Troop medical Clinic and designated Host Nation Health Care Facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and/or per the needs or requirements of the contract.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors (BA / BS) Degree required and Masters Degree preferred in health care or a related field.
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 Years Progressive Experience in administrative health care settings.
- Managing medical providers and support staff.
- Individual will rely on experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills are required to maintain an effective working relationship with the Physician Assistants (PA’s), Registered Nurses (RN’s), Paramedics, EMT’s, Pharmacy and Lab Technician, Medical Records Clerk and Supply Technician.
- Must be capable of dealing with multiple problems simultaneously.
- Must have demonstrated skills in operating budgets, quality control programs, personnel management, and dealing with the public. Prior military service is a plus.\u2028BLS Certification
- Must read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must present the demeanor of a health care professional.
- Must be capable of operating a computer with “Word” and “Excel”.
- Secret Level Security Clearance is a requirement. Any candidate applying for this position that does not currently have a clearance will have six months to obtain clearance documentation from date of hire.
- Must be a US Citizen to work on this contract.
- Ability to speak Arabic is an attribute.
- Must be able to work 48 hours per week.
- A local driver’s license will be required.
- Must maintain a current BLS (CPR) Certification.
- Must be a US Citizen to work on this contract.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Request For Proposal