Looking for a way to make an impact and help people?
Join PacificSource and help our members access quality, affordable care!
PacificSource is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Diversity and Inclusion: PacificSource values the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and fostering a workplace in which individual differences are appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths.
Position Overview: Work within a team to develop all aspects of software solutions for internal and external customers and partners. Responsibilities include analyzing requirements, understanding business processes and needs, and designing/building solutions to achieve business goals. Solutions usually involve data derived from production platforms, business partner sources, and government sources. Projects are completed with cross-functional teams of IT peers and business partners. Manage time and expectations to ensure a high degree of stakeholder and user satisfaction.
* Evaluate and prioritize stakeholder requests. Communicate promptly, consistently, and effectively with stakeholders.
* Analyze and evaluate data sources, requirements, and business processes. Develop, optimize, and support code solutions within a structured coding environment. Assess user requirements and provide input to departments. Liaise with other IT staff to improve system efficiency, security, and functionality.
* Prepare systems specifications, project plans, and other internal documents. Ensure users and partners understand nature of work being performed, as well as timeframes and milestones. Provide regular status updates to supervisors and stakeholders.
* Design and apply new methods and procedures. Develop and test systems, programs, and database structure for efficiency and effectiveness.
* Identify, diagnose, and resolve potential and evident system problems. Provide troubleshooting support to other staff.
* Balance high-priority work with lower priority maintenance work to ensure both success of projects and smooth operation of existing functions.
* Train users in technical aspects of systems.
* Participate in selection and recommendation of suppliers and vendors.
* Proactively identify opportunities for system and process improvement. Work with management and stakeholders to prioritize and implement solutions accordingly
* Maintain familiarity with current software development patterns, tools, and technologies.
* Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: Minimum of two years of real-world systems development and analysis in a business environment required. Health insurance industry and claims or billing systems experience preferred. Experience with UI, service layer, and data layer development required.
Education, Certificates, Licenses: Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science or closely related field
* Building Customer Loyalty
* Building Strategic Work Relationships
* Contributing to Team Success
* Planning and Organizing
* Continuous Improvement
* Building Trust
* Work Standards
Environment: Work inside in a general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is required approximately 5% of the time.
We live and breathe our values. In fact, our culture is driven by these seven core values which guide us in how we do business:
* We are committed to doing the right thing.
* We are one team working toward a common goal.
* We are each responsible for customer service.
* We practice open communication at all levels of the company to foster individual, team and company growth.
* We actively participate in efforts to improve our many communities-internally and externally.
* We actively work to advance social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, the healthcare system and community.
* We encourage creativity, innovation, and the pursuit of excellence.
Physical Requirements: Stoop and bend. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while performing core job functions. Repetitive motions to include typing, sorting and filing. Light lifting and carrying of files and business materials. Ability to read and comprehend both written and spoken English. Communicate clearly and effectively.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position and is subject to change. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employment remains AT-WILL at all times.
- .Net Framework
- Bootstrap (Front End Framework)
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes