Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
We are seeking an Executive Director to work in NPD’s Global Contract Office. The Global Contract Office works closely with NPD’s Commercials teams and leads the contract proposal and negotiation processes for NPD’s largest clients.
The Executive Director will analyze and review client contracts and recommend strategies to Senior Management to optimize contract value. She/he will develop value based proposals that strike the right balance between company and client needs and will lead or partner with Commercial teams on contract negotiations. She/he will instill price realization discipline and impart best practices throughout the organization.
This position reports directly into the Vice President of Global Contract Office.
She/he will bring to bear a combination of business acumen, strong negotiation and communication skills as well as strong financial & analytical skills to contribute to the success of the Global Contract Office.
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY.
- Review client contracts & account plans and identify potential areas of revenue growth opportunities together with Commercial teams.
- Develop effective proposal strategies that meet the needs of company and client objectives.
- Develop positioning strategies and talking points for client proposals.
- Lead or partner with Commercial teams in the negotiation process to achieve or exceed objectives.
- Conduct post-mortem meetings to document and share learnings from each negotiation.
- Participate in the ongoing development of best practice proposal and negotiation strategies and share best practices throughout the company.
- Work on ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred.
- 12+ years combined experience in contract negotiation, consulting, procurement, financial planning and analysis and/or Account Management. Client facing experience a plus.
- Highly effective at leading large complex negotiations.
- Significant experience in structuring value based proposals (financial & business terms). Global proposal structuring a plus.
- Exceptional persuasion skills in dealing with divergent opinions within company and across client base.
- Strategic thinker who is able to develop short and long-term strategies, visualize possibilities and effectively sell those concepts.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to proactively engage financial data to gain meaningful strategic insights and make recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize & lead complex, multifaceted contracts under time constraints and multiple deadlines.
- Effective at working cross-functionally, cross country with diverse groups and areas of expertise.
- Inquisitive, energetic and ambitious individual willing to drive innovation and improvements in an effort to help elevate the role of the function within the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs. Experience with Sales Force and large databases a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with internal business partners at all levels and with clients
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.