Amplity is seeking to add to our talented team of professionals a Vice President Business Development for the metro Boston marketplace. This role is primarily responsible for identifying, developing and winning new business opportunities in the pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical commercialization market.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of selling solutions and gaining access to key decision makers and influencers in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Life Sciences market. The candidate will play a key role in executing a territory plan and specific account plans to expand Amplity's relationships with industry contacts leading to an expanded footprint.
The candidate will take a consultative approach toward the new business development efforts, gaining a deeper understanding into our prospective clients' objectives, market trends, service/product requirements and pain points. The candidate will proactively develop customized strategies to address solutions for opportunities; market, consult and close business; move into the implementation phase and ultimately to execution teams.
Ideal candidates need to reside in the metro Boston area with a strong positive track record of selling to pharmaceutical and biotech accounts in the metro Boston area. Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities across Amplity's full spectrum of commercial, medical and clinical solutions
- Lead pitch presentations in collaboration with our internal sales team and senior leadership to deliver consultative solutions to clients
- Proactively call on prospective clients within the territory
- Develop and maintain active new business pipeline to meet and exceed all revenue targets
- Plan, orchestrate, strategize, and "own" all aspects of the assigned clients'/prospects' business development initiatives and activities
- Develop and implement BD strategic plan for maximizing revenues through prospecting and lead generation
- Recommend traditional and/or innovative strategies to achieve client business objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships and favorable contacts with current and prospective clients, industry associations, complementary service providers, key decision makers, and influencers across the life sciences industry
- Develop strategic approaches, proposals, budgets/pricing, and presentations for use in current and prospective client interactions
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor's degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
• Established relationships within the pharmaceutical and biotech marketplace
• Minimum of 10 years' experience working in the life sciences industry in roles with progressively increasing responsibilities in either Sales, Marketing, Commercial Operations, Strategic Planning and/or Business Development
• Documented/proven track record of successful sales/business development efforts
• Demonstrated ability to access key decision makers/influencers that can drive strategy
• Excellent working knowledge of field and inside sales and clinical approaches and executions
• Knowledge of field and inside (contact center) sales and clinical (MSL and CE) structures, responsibilities and hierarchies in the life sciences industry
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as SalesForce.com and LinkedIn.
• Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly developed planning and organizational skills
• Strong people management skills and ability to align people and resources towards organizational success
• Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions in a changing environment
• Keeps abreast of industry trends and identifies new strategies to address
• Preferably resides in territory
• Willingness to travel 50%
A true partner to global healthcare companies, Amplity builds transformational solutions by challenging boundaries and the status quo. Amplity has the expertise, infrastructure, and insights to help clients overcome any healthcare commercialization hurdle. With wide-ranging capabilities such as patient identification solutions, multichannel messaging, inside sales and service resourcing, field sales, campaign planning and execution, and more, we have what it takes to maximize commercialization efforts and set strategies up for success.
When you join Amplity, you have the opportunity to work with and learn from leaders in the health care industry. Our commitment to a team-oriented culture and value-based leadership model provides an environment where our employees can work to their full potential. All opportunities will offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive medical benefits package, 401-k benefits, and the opportunity to grow with us.
A goal of ours is to continuously drive innovation through our people by creating an open, respectful, inclusive and trustworthy work environment. We encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Employment decisions are evaluated based on an individual's skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance and other qualifications. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment.