You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Business Advisor, United for Business
Position Title: Senior Business Advisor, United for Business
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: An amount in the pay range, $62,000-$65,000 annually.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; paid parental leave; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; professional and growth and development opportunities; discounted pet insurance; Verizon Wireless discount; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking for eligible employees
Location: Primarily based out of our Denver office at 711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205. 3 days/week in office, 2 days/week remote
COVID-19 Vaccination: In order to protect the health and safety of our staff and the communities we serve, Mile High United Way requires employees, including some designated remote workers, to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination, or submit to weekly testing, or receive a medical or religious exemption.
How You'll Help
The Senior Business Advisor will support the mission, vision and work of Mile High United Way's business consulting service, United for Business (UFB) through business development, business consulting, community engagement, advocacy, and volunteer engagement. This advanced level position will provide business consulting services, building and sustaining partnerships with community and municipal partners, past and current business clients, volunteers, and resource providers in support of UFB. In addition, this position will be responsible for incorporating Economic Development (Business Retention and Expansion and Accelerators) and Economic Gardening principles into the program, leading the discovery and deployment of innovative capital and incentives into the small business community, and playing a key role in business related policy and advocacy work.
- Provide direct business consulting services to clients in target neighborhoods, with emphasis on scalable businesses and startups.
- Develop methods to match business clients with the organizations pool of skill based volunteers.
- Develop strategies for engaging and serving a targeted volume of small businesses in under-resourced communities, with a focus on minority and women-owned businesses.
- Assist with developing and implementing curriculum associated with cohort based Accelerator models.
- Develop innovative approaches to accessing capital, including traditional and nontraditional approaches. Help UFB clients become familiar with incentive programs including the Enterprise zone and other programs to help clients stabilize and grow.
- Partner with the Program Manager, Workforce Development to assist with sectoral partnership efforts and matching employer need to jobseekers.
- Incorporate essential Economic Development principles and practices into UFB, including structuring the deployment of the work through a Business Retention & Expansion (BR&E) lens.
- Track and provide feedback on local, state, and federal policy and legislation that is relevant to UFB's work. Anticipate challenges/obstacles our business community and agency could face as policy landscape evolves. Advocate for the expansion/extension of incentive programs for micro businesses.
What You'll Need: Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economic Development, Business Management, Accounting, Finance or equivalent relevant experience required. Master's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of direct experience working in economic development, small business consulting or finance. preferred
- Consulting experience with small businesses emphasis preferred
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge in banking/regulations, venture capital, and traditional and nontraditional forms of business financing
- Knowledge of Economic Development and community wealth building strategies.
- Experience with accelerators, Business Retention and Expansion models, or Economic Gardening programs a plus
- Some experience and knowledge of public policy and processes
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, flexible and change-oriented
- Knowledge and understanding of local and national issues and trends as it relate to small/micro businesses and economic development
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills, including presentations, written reports, and other documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Salesforce experience preferred
- QuickBooks experience or similar preferred
Working Environment: 40% of time in typical office environment, 60% in client settings or in targeted markets.
Physical Activities: Ability to provide personal transportation.
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Mile High United Way does not charge applicants for any step in the hiring process, nor do we request any financial information until the time of hire.
- Value (Economy)
- Sales Management
- Relationship Building
- Business Development
- New Business Development
- Account Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g5u8ipn
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.