To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lawrence, MA
- Pep Boys
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Pep Boys • Lawrence, MA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
Sells replaceable parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles in a parts store (s). Ascertains make, year, and type of part needed, inspects worn, damaged, or defective part to determine replacement required, or informs customer of part needed according to description of malfunction. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide retail and professional customers with professional, clear and courteous service.
- Operate a Point of Sale "(POS)" system to record customer transactions.
- Complete cash balance sheets accurately, practice option and add-on selling techniques.
- Ensure that parts are in stock and delivered to customers in a timely manner.
- Communicate SPIFFs, store specials, benefits and warranty policy information to customers.
- Assist in store inventories.
- May assist in deliveries of product to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma preferred.
- 1 year picking and packing experience.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Comfortable utilizing up-selling techniques.
- Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS systems.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product knowledge.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license that meets the criteria under company policy.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.