To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rolla, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
92S Shower/Laundry and Clothing Repair Specialist
Army National Guard • Rolla, MO
Posted 1 day ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
As a Shower/Laundry and Clothing Repair Specialist in the Army National Guard, you will play an important role in the daily lives of Soldiers by ensuring that they have clean uniforms and clean shower facilities.
It takes a variety of skills and disciplines to ensure that the men and women of the military have clean, wearable clothes, whether at home base or in the field. The Soldiers of this specialty set up mobile shower and laundry facilities in the field, as well as do laundry, repair fabric, and sew buttons.
• Receive bulk, individual, or organizational laundry
• Operate mobile laundry system, shower units, light duty sewing machines, and associated equipment
• Alter sizes, and repair uniforms and zippers
• Operate and maintain sewing, darning, and button machines
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career in supervising or managing a commercial laundry for a hotel or resort; as an equipment manager for a sports team; or as a tailor.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Shower/Laundry and Clothing Repair Specialist consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.