Work Location Category: Remote Local - Must live commutable distance from Edison, NJ
The Technology Engineer is a direct report to the Senior Technology Engineer with understanding of business goals, business processes, technology expertise in one or more domains, technology solution design and implementation.
The Technology Engineer is involved in the full technology life cycle and responsible for designing, coding, configuring, testing, implementing and supporting application software. Technology Engineers work closely with Analysts and Product Managers to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and physical design of technical solutions. Technology Engineers may be assigned to either implementation or support functions. Implementation involves creating new technology based solutions whereas support involves upgrades, maintenance or issue resolution to existing technology solutions.
• Design, configuration, development, documentation and testing of technology solutions to meet business or technology requirements. Evaluation of existing technology solutions to determine fit for purpose for the new business or technology requirements. Recommendation of technology alternatives. Collaboration with other individuals to ensure proper integration of the new technology solution with the existing technology solutions.
• Analysis of end user’s needs, business and technology requirements. Translation of these requirements into technology solution capabilities and design. Alternatively, using the user needs, business and technology knowledge to peer review designs, implementation plans, software code, configuration settings or other artifacts to ensure technology solution being created by others meets the user needs, business and technology requirements.
• Provides support toward resolution of escalated support tickets. May perform the needed analysis to identify root cause of reported incidents, identify the short and long term remediation for the identified incidents
Specific responsibilities include:
• Analyzes end-user needs and designs, configures, develops and tests technology solutions to satisfy demand. Performs build versus buy analysis for business demand.
• Partners with business analysts to translate business needs to technology solution requirements.
• Evaluates existing technology solutions and platforms and provides recommendations for improving technology performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of needed modifications.
• Collaborates with all stakeholders such as enterprise architects, software development, operations, cybersecurity and infrastructure to integrate applications and hardware.
• Ensures that the design and technology solution implementation meets security and QA standards. Suggests fixes to issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of any defect(s).
• Provides support toward resolution of escalated support tickets. Applies operation break fixes and performs other proactive maintenance activities until permanent solutions can be implemented. Supports and participates in the solution deployment process for new functionality/ subsystems/modules, upgrades, updates and fixes to the production environment.
• Makes solutions production-ready by following the standard change management processes, completing required forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field 4 years of professional technology solution engineering
- Demonstrated technology solution ownership and adoption, projects or other work experiences.
- Demonstrated experience in analysis of end-user needs to configure, develop and test low to medium complexity technology solutions to satisfy business demand.
- Demonstrated track record of implementing technology solutions using structured methodologies such as agile (SCRUM, Kanban etc.) and waterfall.
- AWS Data Cloud development experience
- Experience developing and sustaining data load jobs using Extract, Transform, Load (ETL/ELT) methodologies and tools such as, Python, SQL, Shell Scripts and AWS Services.
- Developing and sustaining a data ingestion pipeline to AWS leveraging services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, Relational Database Service (RDS) and Redshift.
- Integration of AWS Data Lake with reporting tools such as PowerBI.
- Experience using databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, and developing software code in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, etc.)
- Experience with production support of mission critical technology solutions.
- Experience documenting technical solutions and system process flow techniques.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task effectively, and be flexible to accommodate change in priorities as necessary.
- Strong analytical ability, communication skills, excellent problem solving skills, and ability to learn new technical concepts.
- Ability to foster working relationships with Client departments, IT Management and Software Service Providers.
- Graduate degree or MBA
- AWS Developer/Architect certification
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Redshift
- Business Processes
- Business Requirements
- Change Management