In a complex healthcare world, Medline strives to help our customers achieve both clinical and financial success. We do that through a personalized approach to listen and better understand our customers’ needs in an environment that tirelessly demands lower costs and better outcomes.
We are both a manufacturer and distributor with 1,200 direct sales reps who are dedicated points of contact for customers across the continuum of care. Because of our capabilities and engagement with other clinical and industry thought leaders, we deliver the most robust product portfolio and patient-care solutions to help healthcare providers perform at their very best.
Our responsiveness and commitment to advancing the health of healthcare is evident in our actions every day. This is who we are. This is why customers choose us as their trusted business partner.
With 47 consecutive years of growth, Medline is among Forbes Magazine's list of the 100 Largest Private Companies with more than %247 billion in sales in 2014. As the market leader in many product categories and a growing reputation for innovation, Medline fosters a dynamic, high-performing culture, which is fueled by diverse, dedicated and extraordinary people.
Recently named the number one company as the “Best Place to Work in the medical supplies industry”, according to a newly released survey of more than 1,000 sales representatives conducted by MedReps.com and one of 2012’s “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for” as well as Becker’s “100 Best Places to Work In Healthcare”, Medline is looking for a talented sales representative who is driven to push the boundaries and can thrive in this exciting culture. At Medline, people come first—we seek individuals who care about customers and who can cultivate real, long-standing relationships. We encourage you to apply if you possess an entrepreneurial spirit; have excellent organization and communication skills; and are seeking to be part of a fast-moving industry leader.
Medline Industries, Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced hospital sales specialist for our Medical/Surgical sales team in Location/Area. The position requires the ability to assimilate and deliver a high level of technical information as it relates Medline surgical and medical devices. Healthcare personnel called on include but are not limited to surgeons, OR directors and managers. The position reports to the field Division Manager.
We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a background in the healthcare industry and a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Growing and developing an assigned territory calling on surgeons in their offices and in hospital operating room setting;
- Making new calls on a daily basis to develop new customers;
- Working with surgeons to demonstrate product;
- Preparing and delivering quotations for product;
- Developing long term relationships with customer base and with full line sales people;
- Preparing and maintaining a territory plan;
- Training and learning new items to present to surgeons and explain the medical and fiscal benefits
Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Presenting Medline's medical devices and other surgical products;
- 2 -5 years of medical or surgical sales experience;
- Background in cold calling, commissioned, tangible product sales required;
- Track record of demonstrable sales growth and quota attainment;
- Ability to present multiple product lines;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Due to the nature of an outside sales representative position, the ability to drive a car, travel in that car 90% of each day, and interact with healthcare providers on site is required.
Medline offers an entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential; a competitive compensation package; a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match and much more!
Medical Surgical Nursing