Job Req ID: JR-40045690
Goodyear. More Driven.
Goodyear owns and operates more than 580 tire and auto service centers nationwide. We offer a fun, fast paced work environment, with competitive base pay. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical plans, 401(k), certification reimbursement and paid vacations. At Goodyear we invest in you and your future by providing excellent training for our technician, sales team and management positions. We offer fast track career advancement opportunities for hard working, team players who can deliver results. If you are looking for more than a job, apply today and begin your career with the tire and auto service innovation leader!
As a Service Manager you will gain hands-on experience in one of Goodyear's auto service centers by making meaningful connections while delivering outstanding service. You will also be responsible for managing the service department effectively by scheduling associates, service appointments and organizing work flow to deliver quality work on time to guest. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Manage the service department effectively by scheduling associates, service appointments, and organizing work flow to deliver quality work on time to guests
- Help drive and reach sales goals through guest interactions including tire and service sales
- Build guest relationships and ensure guest satisfaction by being the liaison between technicians and guests
- Responsible for contributing to the training and development of service department associates
- Articulate all warranties, promotions, and advertisements
- Utilize tools provided to make recommendations to guests based on manufacturing guidelines
- Maintain a clean and safe work and guest area
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including consumer tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting.
- Minimum 1 year of previous Automotive Service management experience
- Valid driver's license
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- No relocation is being offered for this position
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Previous automotive service sales experience
- Previous automotive service experience
- Strong work ethic; independently motivated to produce results with limited influence from others
- Hard worker, someone who works diligently to get tasks done and demonstrates personal characteristics, such as responsibility, dependability, conscientiousness, communication, and teamwork
- Ability to review, analyze, and interpret information, identify problems, and make decisions
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines
- Depending on location, our stores may be open 7 days a week from 7am-8pm, which may include weekends and some holidays
- Commitment to following established safety policies and procedures.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Service Manager - Baton Rouge, LA.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call the number below.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Service Manager - Baton Rouge, LA
Nearest Major Market: Baton Rouge
Manager, QA, Quality Assurance, Management, Technology, Quality
Hardworking And Dedicated