Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum’s Decommission Service Center (DSC) is the hub for decommissioning in our enterprise. We decommission infrastructure and other technical debt, as well as drive innovation, automation, and integration in the decom space. Our efforts include direct support of PLM, vulnerability resolution, and sunset of end-of-life products and platforms.
We are looking for a motivated critical thinker to join our team. This individual will play a key role in driving our automation and integration pursuits to fruition, with the position growing into a leadership role.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- A successful candidate will have a working background and proficiency in technology architecture, engineering, and development.
- In depth knowledge of enterprise standards and practices
- Collaborating with other team leads to establish a technical strategy
- Work to integrate DSC tools with existing and future systems and technologies, building a cohesive and intuitive platform that meets all the needs of our enterprise
- Interface with key stakeholders and leaders throughout the organization
- Possess or establish a deep working knowledge of existing systems, platforms, data sources, and architecture
- Drive innovation within and without the DSC
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in enterprise infrastructure and technologies
- 4+ years of experience in leading teams and projects
- 3+ years in process management and improvement
- Proficiency with cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Proficiency with DevOps principles, practices, and methodologies
- Proficiency in full-stack development disciplines
- Direct experience with technology migration
- Direct experience with M&A integrations
- Proficiency in decommissioning processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a very fast paced environment, manage multiple responsibilities, and adapt and deliver results in dynamic situations
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Technology Innovation, Engineer, technology architecture, technology development, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, work from home