Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Mechanic II is responsible for planning and performing a wide variety of duties to install, repair and maintain plant equipment and facilities and delegate work assignments to other Maintenance Mechanics and Helpers. Instruct and train other Maintenance employees. Skills will include knowledge in plumbing, welding, carpentry, sheet metal and ductwork.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Analyze requests and diagnose projects to determine cause and corrective action required.
- Submit requests and order necessary standard parts, materials and supplies.
- In conjunction with Maintenance Supervisor, assist with design and development of methods and procedures for maintenance and installation projects.
- Monitor mechanical project progress and monitor mechanical preventive maintenance program.
- Assist in and make appropriate recommendations in plant layout projects.
- Perform a wide variety of duties to diagnose problems, disassemble, repair and reassemble machines, equipment, structures, heating, air conditioning and air removal systems.
- Develop and write preventive maintenance procedures.
- Assist, train, and guide other mechanics in interpretation of work requirements, procedures, and processes.
- Maintain required maintenance logs and files.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Must be trained and demonstrate qualification to use an electrical measuring multimeter. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to properly test for power, and check continuity of electrical circuits for machine operations, maintenance and trouble-shooting of equipment.
- Must be trained in NFPA 70E awareness and demonstrate that he/she can follow proper electrical work procedures, and wear proper arc flash clothing
- High School diploma required.
- Requires a minimum of four years' experience.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of most phases of mechanical repair and maintenance including mechanical repair, plumbing, pipe fitting, welding, hydraulic, fabricating, carpentry, blueprint reading and basic working knowledge of electrical repair.
May require the ability to obtain a Stationary Engineer License. Requires the ability to obtain a forklift operator's license.