3-5 Years Work Experience
- Sell and market our product and services.
- Give and set up tours to perspective residents.
- Call prospects on the phone, visit them or send out information.
- Get to know our competition and visit their facilities.
- Community involvement: Presentations to Chamber of Commerce, Financial Advisor's, Kiwanis, VFW, retirement groups and other organizations.
- Set up appointments at our facility such as luncheons, groups, clubs, etc.
- Coordinate special events at the facility.
- Hire and fire staff when necessary.
- Handle staff concerns and questions dealing with families, resident's and staff concerns.
- Oversee employee scheduling in all departments. Make sure budget hours are followed.
- Social interaction with the resident's and families.
- Responsible for initial paperwork for residents.
- Phone follow up and keep up database.
- Responsible for admission of residents and completion of paperwork.
- Responsible for orientation of staff and continuing education.
- Work with the Director of Nursing in correcting and working on State Deficiencies within the required time line if needed. Make sure the Director Nursing is completing Right Click tasks.
- Work with the Marketing Director in completion of Right Click tasks.
- Required to follow and carry out all policies and procedures by Primrose.
- Responsible for monthly fire drills and recording proper documentation of them.
- Responsible for monthly checks on fire extinguishers and smoke detectors and recording of proper documentation.
- Able to be on call when needed.
- Coordinate and handle employee meetings. Conduct resident meetings.
- Responsible for administrative bookkeeping duties such as bank deposits, Right Click, rent recaps, monthly billing, payroll, budget, etc.
- Maintain labor costs, food costs, and other budgetary items in line with budget.
- Coordinate maintenance problems with the maintenance staff and/or an outside contractor.
- Assist the maintenance manager or cooks if they need help or are absent. Example: Shovel the sidewalks, pull weeds, clean windows, take out garbage, clean public restrooms, vacuum, cook, wash dishes, etc… Learn how the alarm, security, sprinkler and other mechanical systems work and make sure the other appropriate personnel do also.
- Perform any other reasonable related duties as assigned by the company office.
- Results driven
- Highly Motivated
- Excellent people skills
- Organizational skill
- Strong Leader
- Strong Determination
- Presentation skill
- Eye for results
- Positive Outlook
- Problem Solver
- OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures are followed
- Fire and Safety Procedures are followed and documented.
- Follow State Regulations.
- Promote Team Work with all staff.
- Promote PRIMROSE RETIREMENT in a positive way.
- Report all job injuries immediately to the Primrose Home Office and make sure the proper forms are completed and sent in.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with co-worker's, residents, families, and visitors.
- Maintain confidentiality within the work place on verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations, and personal. We will need to comply with all HIPPA Privacy Rules.
- Confidentiality is of the utmost importance and will be considered at all times when dealing with 3rd
- Monitor staff making sure they are not working under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Make sure all staff have neat modest appearance, follow the dress code and personal hygiene within the workplace.
- Solve problems.
- Respond to email communications within 24 hours when possible.
- Any proposed bills over $250 must be coordinated with the home office.
- There will be no reduction in lease rate unless specifically authorized by the President. Any deviation from the set lease rate without proper authority can be grounds for immediate termination.
PRIMROSE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY is an equal opportunity employer.
Complex Problem Solving
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1666/1215
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Primrose Retirement Communities was founded in 1989 based on the premise that a retirement community must reward its residents with value, comfort, security, and convenience.
View the full profile
Through the years, this philosophy has been enthusiastically welcomed in all communities where Primrose has been established. It has been our pleasure to create beautiful apartment homes and townhome villas complemented by outstanding internal commons areas such as libraries, movie theaters, fitness centers, ice cream parlors and pubs. From the beginning our company office has been in Aberdeen, South Dakota, a community known for its friendly, honest and hard-working people. Those are the characteristics that guide each Primrose Retirement Community.
Jim Thares, Primrose founder, emphasizes that the objective of each Primrose community is to provide a comfortable, convenient, secure and enjoyable environment for seniors. "We are in this business," he says, "to help seniors enjoy a healthy, happy lifestyle." Thus, the Primrose theme "This is living" represents the fulfillment of this philosophy.
Primrose is guided by this philosophy in all phases of its work, beginning with the architectural design of its communities, the use of eco-friendly construction materials, the location and staffing of each community, and the ongoing management and caretaking that are part of each Primrose.