PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO Phone number blocked - click to apply FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Security Control Center Operator. As aÂ SCC Operator, you will respondÂ and assistÂ in reporting Emergency (Critical) and Non-Emergency (Non-Critical) events for a high profile client. As a SCC Operator, he or she shall be responsible for monitoring multiple security systems to aid in the safety and security of persons and properties.Â The SCC Operator is required to detect unfavorable situations, dispatch police officers and make proper notifications to the appropriate level of management.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Reporting and notifications; providing interface during critical and non-critical emergency events from report to resolution. In addition providing constant information updates wherever applicable in an effort to ensure situation, events, incidents are resolved in an appropriate manner.
- Access control; using CCTV to monitor exterior doors, building perimeters and sensitive building areas (data centers, executive areas, market room etc); acknowledge forced open and held open alarms; monitor badge activities using C*Cure; monitor and verify access; provide momentary door unlocks and access to card-reader doors and garage gates
- Customer service; ensure that all forms of communication (email, phone conversation etc) are all done in a courteous and professional manner; serving as an emergency information HUB system for a high profile client.
- Life safety and emergency response; ability to guide and assist clients during emergency and non-emergency situational phone calls
- Perform data entry in a timely, accurate and exclusive manner
- Escalate incidents to the Supervisor immediately when unable to manage the situation at his/her level or when procedure requires for this to be done
- Deal with issues and incidents that are potentially sensitive, confidential or may put persons at risk
- Provide alarm monitoring via access control systems and live monitoring via access control systems and live monitoring consoles (CCTV) for intrusion, robbery, duress and alarm events
- Review CCTV footage and create DVDâs which will be provided to Senior Management
- Dispatch security guards and/or police officers
- Perform active monitoring of various security systems, for reasons such as vagrancy and post robbery incidents
- Perform active monitoring of multiple new sources and social media
- Follow procedures, work instructions and other directions from Supervisors or Stakeholders
- Participate in departmental meetings as required
- Contribute to the development of procedures and work instructions by voicing concerns about potential time saving and efficient changes that could benefit the operation
- Follow G4S and the Clientsâ codes of conduct
- Perform other duties as required
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must possess New Jersey Security Officer Registration Act (SORA) license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum two or more years of work-related experience, preferably in the security or protective services industry
- Knowledge of CCTV systems, access control systems, monitoring of alarms, biometric security systems and additional devices and sensors related to security
- Demonstrated experience in critical environments where decision making and actions can impact life-safety and business continuity
- Experience with network/telecommunications technology
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work effectively with employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Must possess strong administrative and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to problem-solve by active listening
- Must possess well-developed analytical, mathematical, interpersonal, listening and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Must be able to use Incident Management Software
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Working on PC and using telephone/radio while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties:Â Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.