JLL is seeking an HVAC Technician to join our team in Redwood City, California! This position will be with our client, Bristol Meyers Squibb.
This position has a strong focus on maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all systems. A very high percentage of “wrench time” is expected. Regular, clear communication is required through multiple mediums including email, text and phone messages. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in HVAC maintenance & troubleshooting and be multi-skilled in other areas (pipe fitting/plumbing, electrical) in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments. The individual in this role must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required. Some overtime is to be expected.
- Ensures that all appropriate R&M data (i.e. material costs, contract labor costs, Jones Lang LaSalle effort, etc.) is captured on a work order
- Monitor the operation and make adjustments on refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems; monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Maintain up to date & complete system documentation in a central resource location, for all repairs or changes to the system
- Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate cleanup of work area, completing the preventive task sheet, returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room, reporting any equipment problems, impending supply or material shortages to the Chief Engineer.
- Install and repairs plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors (under the direction of the Site Electrician); run conduit; pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.; install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment. Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls.
- Review and analyzing system data (reliability, 1 calls, etc) and developing initial recommendation with Chief Engineer on any maintenance changes, upgrades, replacements, etc.
- Cross train back up, or others, as appropriate to the advanced level
- Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials
- Maintains a clean and safe workspace
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communications skills are required
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Familiar with computer equipment and programs
- Capable of operating BMS and workorder systems
- Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment, and operate a motor vehicle
- Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
- Able to work on roofs of buildings
- Completion of written documentation is required.
- Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions
- High school diploma or state equivalent required
- Two years of related trade schooling or equivalent
- Experience - Minimum four years experience working with mechanical systems
- Preferred LICENSES: California C-20, C-38, Boiler and EPA Universal Refrigeration license
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.