Server Assistant / Busser Description:
Server Assistant / Busser Essential Job Functions
- Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone, and body language always.
- Learn guest names and personally recognize our regular patrons.
- Present food and beverage menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding menu items.
- Accurately and immediately record and ring in food and beverage orders into Aloha.
- Receive and serve food and beverage orders to the guest immediately.
- Stay properly engaged in the guest dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed amount of alcohol.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the server does not feel the guest should drive, supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask management intervention when necessary.
- Obey and follow all liquor laws and card anyone that looks under the age of 40.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept and process payment, and provide change if applicable.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the server stations including counters, utensils, shelves, and storage areas.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise. Team Service oriented.
- Be ready and willing to assist server assistants with clearing and resetting tables.
- Complete open and close duties.
Server Assistant / Busser Requirements:
Server Assistant / Busser Experience
- Minimum 1 year of Serving experience. (Fine dining preferred.)
- Understand federal, state, and local liquor laws.
- Must obtain, maintain, and keep on hand a current ATC license.
- Must provide Serv Safe Liquor Certification.
- Must have completed alcohol service training.
- Must complete company training and pass exam with a minimum score of 90%.
Server Assistant / Busser Work Environment/General Physical Requirements (subject to reasonable accommodations if warranted)
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and restaurant staff.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, and lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Server Assistant / Busser Schedule
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the restaurants' requirements. Will require weekend, evening, and some holidays.
- Must maintain regular attendance.
Server Assistant / Busser Uniform
- Clean black slip resistant shoes and black socks.
- Clean, full length, black pressed slacks.
- Clean, pressed white button down, long sleeve shirt.
- White or flesh tone undergarments are worn under the shirt.
- Bow tie. (company provided)
- Dress jacket or apron. (company provided)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Huse Culinary, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Functions Disclaimer
The above statement reflects the general functions of this job and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all the work requirements inherent in this role. The immediate supervisor may expand upon the above list if it is determined that additional duties fall within the partners' scope of responsibility.