Wilson Controls is hiring Engineers for Machine Vision, PLC, HMI, and Website/Database Programming. You will collaborate with a team of experts, with a combined 35+ Years Machine Vision and PLC/HMI Programming experience. Wilson Controls, founded in 2005, specializes in Machine Vision solutions utilizing Cognex Hardware, and we are the only Kentucky-based Cognex Certified System Integrator.
Wilson Controls works on multiple projects each month, across a wide range of industries: automotive, appliances, food & beverage, electronics, bourbon/spirits, printing and plastics. We develop and integrate machine vision and automation solutions to help our customers identify quality issues, automatically guide assembly operations, and capture part characteristics, all in-line with operators and the production line.
As part of our team, you will be able to:
- Work with Multiple Controls Programming Platforms: Cognex, Rockwell/Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Proface, Automation Direct, GE PLC, MSSQL Database, Industrial .Net Web Design
- Manage quick turn-around projects: Average 6 to 12 weeks start to finish
- Work directly with multiple customers on projects that have an immediate impact on Quality and Productivity for products that consumers use every day
This position is based in Louisville, KY.
- Design, Build, and Implement Machine-Vision Based Quality Control Systems for Manufacturing Plants including the following tasks:
- Develop programming for: Machine Vision sensors, Operator Interface Terminals (OITs), and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Create Panel Layouts
- On-site commissioning and training
- Conduct tests to verify the control system meets project specifications
- Create project documentation
- Successfully complete project schedules, objectives, and requirements by reviewing project specifications, customer requirements, and project completion milestones
- Meet with customers to determine project requirements
- Follow Wilson Controls’ standards for project management, system design, programming, commissioning, and training.
- Coordinate and schedule project tasks with general and sub-contractors
- Communicate with project manager regarding progress and problems related to projects
- Contribute to project success by completing assigned tasks
- Review and verify that projects are within budget and completed on schedule
- Conduct reviews at project completion to identify procedures and methods that can be improved
- In-state and regional travel required. ~20% Daily travel, with ~10% Overnight Travel. Periodic travel for training, out of state, is required.
- Performs other tasks and duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Possesses proven project management skills
- Proficiency in the following computer skills: Microsoft Office and Excel, AutoCAD, Industrial Programming Software (Allen Bradley PLC Programming, Proface HMI Programming, etc.)
- Physical Requirements: ability to lift 50 lbs from a squat position, ability to walk 0.5 miles while carrying 30lbs in a satchel or backpack, ability to climb 12-foot ladder, ability to stand for prolonged periods of time based on project requirements
- All qualified candidates will be subject to and must pass the following tests: Functional capacity exam, drug test, background test, skills test
- 2 to 5 years experience in controls engineering in a manufacturing plant
- 2 to 5 years of experience designing controls systems, programming, commissioning and troubleshooting PLC-based control systems (Rockwell, Mitsubishi)
- Machine Vision experience a plus
- Superior Work/Life Balance, Sign-On Bonus, Competitive Pay w/ Bi-Annual Bonus, Comprehensive Benefits Package Health + 401K, Low Amount of Overnight Travel
*A Confidentiality, Noncompete, Nondisclosure, and Nonsolicitation Agreement is required to be signed as a condition of employment.
- Allen Bradley Factory Automation Equipment
- Auto Cad
- Automotive Industry
- Control Systems