VIRTUAL05 - HomeRes - CA
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Supports the organization's growth objectives by enhancing profitability, market share and loyalty of the assigned branch / market with a focus on recruitment, operational and sales compliance, and professional development of branch staff. Works collaboratively within the branch, BMO partners and the community to build relationships and deliver the desired customer experience.
U.S. Only: This position will act as an originator of consumer loans as defined by Regulation Z, Regulation G, and the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act). This position will require a Federal registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry. The Bank will instruct you on the registration requirements needed to comply with this requirement. A criminal background review and credit history evaluation will be required for this position as well as restrictions on performing in a real estate agent capacity.
We're here to help
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Leads the development and implementation of the market business development plan.
- Enhances the Bank's profile in the community by participating in business and community activities and creating opportunities to promote the offering.
- Builds and manages a network of referral sources, both internal and external to grow BMO's business and makes referrals as required to BMO partners.
- Maintains expertise (banking, investment management or wealth services) to ensure professional credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain focus and be an advocate for the integrated offer and client experience in all strategic, business development and operational plans to support the overall vision within the market.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of local market awareness, economic trends and competitor activity.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Ensures the effective monitoring of operational controls is in place to identify any deficiencies and takes corrective actions to ensure controls are adequate.
- Ensures the region's operations are in alignment with all regulatory requirements and compliance topics; ensures any identified issues are addressed in a timely manner to mitigate risks.
- Exercises judgment and ensures adherence to Corporate Risk Policy for credit applications, ensuring that risks identified are mitigated and credit recommendations/decisions are made in accordance with sound credit-granting principles.
- Leads and implements a disciplined approach for all sales strategies, sales management and goals to support market business growth and the focus on the client.
- Plans and controls unit operating expenses in accordance with forecasts.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Develops and manages a business/group program.
- Assesses and adapts existing operational programs; develops new capabilities to ensure ongoing success.
- Acts as the day to day contact for vendors; supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions.
- Leads/oversees the management of vendor relationships and provides guidelines for execution; ensures that all agreements are met as per requirements.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers' assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensures an effectively run function.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- University Degree with certification preferred (MBA, B COMM & CA, CMA or CGA).
- Completion of CSC and CIM/CFP/ETI modules or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge and technical proficiency related to private wealth management strategies, issues and trends.
- Broad and diverse background of the financial service industry and expert knowledge of the banking, and personal & commercial credit disciplines for the high net worth (HNW) markets.
- Expert knowledge of all compliance and industry regulations.
- Credit Qualifications and associated credit knowledge and skills according to the established qualification standards.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Regional Director of Banking, BMO Private Bank
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
- Banking Services
- Business Development
- Business Planning
- Business Relationship Management