Driven by a commitment to research, quality and service, PDI, Inc. provides innovative products, educational resources, training and support to prevent infection transmission and promote health and wellness. Encompassing 3 areas, our Healthcare, Sani Professional
and Contract manufacturing divisions, we develop, manufacture and distribute leading edge products for North America and the world.
We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
The Corporate Sales Specialist will support the ongoing profitable revenue growth plan of Sani Professional for both sales operations and business expansion initiatives. This position will have the following key responsibilities: database management, inside
sales, and field sales support. .
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Database Management: Product/Customer/Contracts (40%):
a. Maintain an up-to-date contract pricing file and act as conduit to the Credit Department for all deductions and contract terms requirements.
b. Mitigate risks associated with issues on customer service levels due to pending out of stock situations (e.g., develop allocation plans, coordinate with Operations and Customer Care on stock status, etc.)
c. Manage and maintain product information on 3rd party customer database platforms such as GS1, WercsSmart.
d. Complete all customer set-up forms as required from distributor and operator customers.
e. Attend sales group meetings concerning sales targets or forecasts and state of the market, and then provide those inputs in the Demand Planning Process.
Inside Sales: (30%): Supplement field efforts to capture other high-growth foodservice segments such as retail, education, hospitality, Foodservice in healthcare and e-commerce.
a. Identify industry trends and review with key marketing and sales leaders to determine potential opportunities.
b. Identify decision makers amongst the targeted leads in order to start sales process.
c. Maintain and expand the database of prospects of the organization.
d. Attending industry conferences to develop industry expertise and to build network.
e. Develop e-commerce as a key channel platform for Sani Professional.
Field Sales Support: (30%):
a. Support trade show execution before, during and post event.
b. Participate in market sales blitzes, as needed, to ramp up new customer calls, work with distributor reps, or introduce new products.
c. Support market operator tests through training and site visits including coordinating sample requirements during test period.
d. Manage in-house inventory of product accessories at an efficient level and notify the Product Manager of any inventory issues
e. Support the efforts of the Administrator for CRM system, capturing accurate and complete information and maintaining up-to-date data.
f. Create a process to ensure timely and effective lead follow up and reporting.
g. Collating and consolidating report on monthly sales performance per sales personnel, per product, per region, and per industry, as requested by the VP of Sales.
h. Working with the VP of Sales, identify sales development needs and assist with aligning the best resources to strengthen desired skills.
i. Cooperating with Accounts manager and Sales Supervisor to determine essential strategic approaches for sales (??)
1. Improved sales operations efficiency of key sales performance metrics e.g., profitable sales growth from customer contracts, improved, faster process of enlisting new customers, up-to-date product and customer information on 3rd party databases, high customer
service levels (OTIF) and fully operational S&OP.
2. Incremental revenue from high-growth foodservice segments: retail, education, hospitality and e-commerce.
3. Increased productivity in field sales efforts to grow regional and national business (current/new customers and new products).
Include minimum qualifications for formal training, education, certifications, licensures, and/or working experience. Identify the level of knowledge; skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required to perform the essential job responsibilities and duties competently.
4-year college degree preferred but not mandatory
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Must have in depth knowledge of the foodservice industry including operator segments and distributors. Must have solid understanding of the sales cycle, sales process and sales techniques.
Minimum of 3 years of verifiable sales/marketing/customer service experience in the foodservice industry working for leading manufacturing or distribution companies, such as GoJo, Ecolab, Nestle, PFG, Acosta.
• Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Highly proficient level computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Proficiency in Salesforce.com
• High proficiency with Salesforce.com
• Understanding and proficiency with GS1 platforms
• Excellent telephone sales personality skills.
• Prominent organization and presentation skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Highly energetic and self-starter.
• Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
• Able to multi-task the activities with shifting priorities.
• Should be honest, assertive and systematic.
NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions.
Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined
to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or
others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP Click here to apply to Corporate Sales Specialist
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
- Please refer to the Company’s Substance Abuse Policy which protects the safety and well-being of all associates and potential associates.