Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch URL blocked - click to apply
to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under general direction, responsible for the investigation and analysis of credit risks working within guidelines established by the organization.
- Resolves complex credit problems independently and extends credit limits.
- Develops and maintains sound relationships with credit agencies.
- Analyzes and trends financial performance year over year to predict potential defaults.
- Analyzes specific market segments such as Auto, MBE, 3rd parties, State Agencies, etc. to recommend bad debt reserve requirements for quarterly reporting.
- Manages a “watch list” of delinquent accounts with weak financial picture.
- Visits customers on an as needed basis and have the ability to interact to the CFO level.
- Provide high level financial reviews of major customers, expense / supply vendors, MSC partners, customer prospects, and affiliates with credit exposure greater than $250K
- Order review including credit limit and past due status to make decisions within level of authority.
- Reviews customer credit status utilizing the on line services provided by Dunn and Bradstreet or Experian as well as customer information including trade and bank references.
- Establishes credit limits for new and existing customers based on metrics.
- Creates analytical reports on request by management to support credit line extensions.
- Researches miss-applied payments, short paid invoices, credits taken twice and completes adjustment forms for sales tax, freight and sales.
- Prepare thorough cash flow analysis and financial trending for accounts within the portfolio
- Ability to assess bank and related debt levels and determine the ability for a company to service the existing debt.
- Review country risk/political reports to identify areas of concern for our international customers
- Provide high level financial analysis on international companies. Must have solid understanding on translating foreign statements into GAAP principles to assess risk accurately
- Provide recommendations for terms of sale related to financially distressed companies
- Understand various tools for mitigating risk i.e. letters of credit, UCC’s, reserve methodology and guarantee’s (personal and corporate) Utilize such tools when needed
- Ability to review contract language and interact with legal team to provide recommendations.
- Ability to train Analysts on financial analysis and credit risk management
- Ability to communicate “business decisions” related to risk while managing to tolerances
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience required.
- Minimum of five years of commercial credit/collection experience with three years as a Credit Analyst required.
- Working knowledge of CRT, PC skills and Dunn & Bradstreet is required. Experian and/or Equifax experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to produce a high level financial review of both public and private companies
- Ability to work independently and be project oriented required.
- Thorough knowledge of Excel and Word.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Uniform Commercial Code
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles