TITLE: Ecommerce Marketing Manager
TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Bridgeton, NJ
START DATE: August 2019
RX2 Solutions customer near Bridgeton, NJ has an immediate need for an Ecommerce Marketing Manager. The position is open due to the retirement of a beloved employee so there will be some rather big shoes to fill. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in eCommerce for 5+ years and is probably looking for a new position due to career growth and the inability to grow within their current organization. The ideal candidate can get along with blue collar as well as white collar employees and appreciates the values and stability of working for a long-time family-owned organization. A background in hard goods distribution is a major plus for this role.
- Utilizes organic as well as paid SEO methods in order to drive B2B and B2C web traffic that is ultimately converted into sales
- Manages and understand all aspects of a successful SEO campaign.
- Takes full ownership of the eCommerce and digital product roadmap and the results of those strategic decisions.
- Collaborates with marketing teams to activate promotional set-up with testing in digital channels.
- Analyzes campaign performance including web analytics, monitor competitors and ad- hoc reports for analysis to the team and senior management.
- Works with the technology team to optimize websites for crawlability and speed.
- Analyzes current social media strategy and create recommendations to enhance or reconstruct the current strategy
- Take full ownership of the Social Media roadmap and results for those strategic decisions
- Review current Email Marketing strategy and create recommendations to enhance or reconstruct the current strategy
- Work with the business to optimize customer and prospective customer engagement as well as customer conversion
- Take full ownership of the Email Marketing strategy and results for those strategic decisions
- Perform analysis and testing of Website design to optimize conversion rate
- Works closely with a development team to deliver successful eCommerce projects to improve performance, merchandising options, engagement and conversion. Projects may include site redesign, user experience A/B testing, and SEO.
- Provides overall ownership of driving revenue and profitability of the eCommerce site to meet or exceed company plan.
- Oversees all eCommerce operations and the customer experience in partnership with planning, operations and finance departments.
- Explores and manages new initiatives for eCommerce by partnering with 3rd party vendors and to improve site performance, merchandising options, engagements and conversions.
Other Responsibilities, As Needed:
- Everyone at this company wears several hats
- From time to time, you may be asked to work on projects outside of the scope of "Marketing”
- 8+ years of proven Marketing and eCommerce experience.
- 5+ years of being a major contributor, a leader and a "do-er” in an eCommerce marketing department. A first-time manager is OK for this role, but you should have demonstrated leadership experience.
- Self-starter who can thrive in an environment with a great deal of autonomy. Need to be able to make decisions and operate well in an environment that has little oversight at times.
- Experience managing/working in an environment with a paid SEO budget in excess of $10,000/month
- Track record of using SEO tools and software for efficient results: GSC, GA, MOZ, SEMrush, etc.
- Perform SEO copywriting including keyword placement, headlines, tags and effective call-to-action
- Proficient with core SEO tools, including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, and ranking tools (i.e. BrightEdge, SEO Clarity, SEMrush)
- Working knowledge of front-end web development technologies such as HTML, JS, CSS
- Experience and a proven track record of success managing and engaging customers and prospects in business to consumer (B2C) social media campaigns across multiple platforms while staying inside of a well-defined budget.
- Ability to spot and develop opportunities that can be tied to revenue.
Search Engine Optimization