An excellent opportunity has arisen to join The Euclid Chemical team at our Phoenix, AZ facility as Shipping/Receiving Operator.
Euclid Chemical offers an attractive compensation package including competitive base salary and other company benefits such as:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Disability benefits
- 401k and Pension
- Vacation and Holiday Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Shipping/Receiving Operator you will carry out daily shipping/logistics duties as required and maintain housekeeping standards of warehouse.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Pull orders correctly and in a timely manner (LTL, CPU, TL and International)
- Comply with all safety policies
- Assist with cycle counting in FP department (back up, when necessary)
- Unloading / Storing of inbound material
- Completing receiving paperwork as per standard procedures
- Preparation of and loading of all outbound orders
- Booking of trucks and completing of bill of lading for outbound orders as necessary
- Completion of order paperwork as per standard procedures
- Communicating of shipped orders and received deliveries
- Daily checks of Fork lift
- Housekeeping of warehouse
- Weekly reporting of logistics totals
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- Three months related experience
- OR a combination of equivalent education/experience.
Attention to Detail- Ability to achieve thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Ability to monitor and check work or information and plan/organize time and resources efficiently... monitoring the details and quality of own and others' work.
Creativity: Ab ility to think about a task or a problem in a new or different way, or the ability to use the imagination to generate new ideas.
Language & Communication skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Problem Solving/ Reasoning skills:Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Teamwork: ability to work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, sharing responsibility and rewards and contributing to the capability of the team.
- Standing over 2/3rd of time
- Walking under 1/3rd of time
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel between 1/3rd -2/3rds of time.
- Talking and Listening up to 1/3rd of time.
- Lifting up to 10 pounds between 1/3rd - 2/3rds time
- Lifting up to 25 pounds under 1/3rd of time.
- Close vision (clear vision required of 20 inches or less) .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Attention To Detail