Where you fit in -
The Supply Chain Commercial Specialist will develop sourcing strategies and tactics for the Chemicals portfolio, specific to Shell Catalysts and Technologies. Strategies and tactics will be based on a deep understanding of the current situation of the business, the business strategy and drivers, the local supplier market and global strategies. The commercial lead enables stakeholders in the Supply Chain to understand the intent of contracts, optimize the use of contracts, manage Contract(or)s for performance and remove waste. This role is intended to drive focus and global alignment across the chemical and packaging supply chains and to identify commercial leverage opportunities and best practices where applicable.
What's the role -
* Design and improve with business partners the assigned supply chains, starting with inhouse/outsource choices and (re)designs, the contracting strategy and commercial tactics and post award contract management.
* Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
* Apply the CMCP process and CP operations practices while focusing on contribution to the business drivers and not compromising on compliance for HSSE&SP, E&C, Code of Conduct, Laws and regulations.
* Understand the changes in the business, business drivers and external environment and trigger adjustment of supply chain end to end processes, category strategies and contracts.
* Manage relationships across the end to end supply chain for the assigned categories and ensure that stakeholders understand the intent of the contract and work together to achieve the desired business outcomes.
* Determine the right remuneration model (e.g. output-based contract) to encourage the right behaviors and expectations from suppliers to optimize alignment of supply chain and asset delivery.
* Drive total cost reductions and value beyond 'the usual'. Identify opportunities in the contract portfolio to create more value and/or to eliminate waste.
* Drive continuous improvement by replicating game changer improvements and recommended practices. Facilitate discussions on process performance and inefficiencies
* Conduct tenders evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in line with CMCP guidance and in close collaboration with the business.
* Proactively identify & understand procurement needs from internal stakeholders and propose competitive solutions for the end to end Supply Chain.
* Ensure integrated ways of working with business and suppliers.
What we need from you -
* A legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
* At least Bachelor's degree in any related field.
* With at least 3 years of experience in Chemicals procurement
* Experience in contract negotiations & tender evaluation and has attention for detail.
* Able to adjust global strategies to the current situation of the local business and market conditions
* Able to influence stakeholders (Business, CP, Suppliers) to work together in an integrated way
* Able to perform contract management (including post contract process steps)
* Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
* Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
* Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
Preferred Skills -
* Able to manage supplier relationships
* Able to manage multiple workstreams at the same time.
* Highly driven, 'can do', inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner
* Able to translate strategy to tangible and valuable outcomes for the local business
* Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance
* Understand the business, the end-to-end process in the Supply Chain and is able to communicate in business language
* Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
* Able to look ahead, think strategically while focusing on day to day delivery
* International experience a plus
Other skills and experiences can include:
* Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
* Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability
* Driven, motivated & passionate to drive position change
* Demonstrated ability to interact seamlessly and effectively with all levels of management
* In order to achieve and sustain "most competitive supply chains", future value delivery will predominantly be derived from the Demand and Specification levers, which will require deeper application of Supply Chain Transformational approaches combined with deeper collaboration with key suppliers in the Supply Chain.
* Ability to manage and prioritize value and the potentially dynamic nature of the portfolio based on Business Demand and Team Capacity.
* Implementation of robust CP tactics/strategy and contract documentation to secure third party services and materials in compliance with business need, quality requirements and on best commercial terms that fully accounts for all market capacity/capability and risks/opportunities.
* Supporting the delivery of contracts awarded, which includes developing comprehensive post award contract management plans to enable value maximization for the organization.
* Various interface management which includes internal (Business Stakeholders, Category Team, wider SC Team) & external (Suppliers, Contractors) that would require excellent collaboration and close cooperation.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in among other exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of oil products, chemicals, electric power, renewables and energy solutions.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment processes, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Commercial Awareness
- Conflict Management