To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL 33610
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
XPO Logistics, Inc. • Tampa, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Work with the best. Drive your own success.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset and we’re always on the lookout for inspirational leaders who know how to get the best out of their team. As the Assistant Manager, you will coordinate with site leadership to provide support for all home delivery services. XPO was ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics and we’re the fastest-growing company in the Fortune 500. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a company that’s clearly going places, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Assist with managing the day-to-day operations of contract carriers, including maintaining contractor schedules, monitoring reports and ensuring positive working relationships with contract carriers and helpers
- Use route planning software to build efficient delivery routes
- Manage the dispatching of contract carriers and resolve issues throughout the day as needed
- Partner with the Operations Manager to identify problem areas, including restructuring routes to improve operational efficiencies
- Train and develop contract carriers, dispatchers and warehouse personnel to meet and exceed the customers’ expectations
- Supervise, lead and mentor employees
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Associate degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience
- 1 year of logistics or transportation experience
- 1 year of inventory control and merchandise reconciliation experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other business applications
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- 2 years of inventory control and merchandise reconciliation experience
- 3 years of logistics or transportation experience
- Strong analytical, communication and time management skills
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.