SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Laboratory Technician will assist with sample preparation and/or analysis of a wide variety of sample matrices in support of ICP-MS and ICP-OES testing.
- Prepares and analyzes samples using internal laboratory or compendial methodologies
- Exhibits excellent laboratory skills in the use of balances, pipettes, and glassware
- Safely handles organic solvents, corrosive acids, bases, and other chemicals in the laboratory
- Maintains meticulous records following cGMP documentation practices
- Follows all safety protocols appropriate for the laboratory environment
- Maintains strong attention to detail while performing in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize work with good time management skills
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in physical science (Chemistry)
- 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience in Analytical Chemistry and sample preparation in an ICP-MS laboratory
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status a s a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
- Analytical Chemistry
- Attention To Detail
- Laboratory Techniques
- Manufacturing Laboratory