To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- City of Orange, NJ 07050
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant,Adult Training Center
Cerebral Palsy of North Jersey • City of Orange, NJ
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Performs administrative functions of the ATC with a focus on EMR and hard copy record keeping, consumer and staff scheduling, serves as the ATC receptionist.
- Every staff person employed in a program funded by the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities is required to participate with CPNJ and DDD in any inspection or investigation.
- Serves as an advocate for all CPNJ Day Program Consumers; setting an example to staff that protecting and promoting dignity, respect, independence, health and safety is our primary commitment and responsibility.
- Responsible for all consumer EMR records, ensuring they are current and in full compliance with all DDD and Medicaid regulations.
- Receive and enter all consumer documentation on an annual basis; with ongoing monitoring for accuracy and service delivery compliance.
- Ensure that all consumer schedules are up to date and in compliance with their authorizations for services and IHP/ISP plans.
- Ensure that all time sensitive data is entered by staff in accordance with CPNJ procedure and policy.
- Collect and review all transportation logs for accuracy on a daily basis. Status all transportation information in the EMR in accordance with CPNJ procedure and policy.
- Monitoring service delivery in accordance with service plans.
- Monitoring of deliverables and related documentation required by service type.
- Types correspondence, reports, statistics and/or other kinds of documents for an adult training center using computerized systems; may compose routine correspondence
- Establishes, operates and maintains manual and/or computerized record keeping systems used to track data; produces data reports as required
- Maintains and updates consumer files, consumer records, program records, and other miscellaneous documents as required under DDD, Medicaid and CPNJ policies
- At staff meetings provides agendas, minutes and/or reports as needed; schedules, records and documents IHP/ISP meetings and forwards final IHP to designated recipients.
- Answers routine phone inquiries, takes and relays phone messages
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming departmental mail; mails outgoing correspondence
- Maintains departmental supplies by ordering, processing requisitions and purchase orders and keeping a computerized inventory of all supplies
- May be required to assist with transportation needs as driver or aide.
- Assists Transportation Coordinator by organizing and submitting monthly transportation reports and gas receipts.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by Service Coordinator or CPNJ management
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and data entry systems; medical terminology
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to successfully complete required CPNJ and 4 DDD core trainings in required period of time; to relate well to adults with disabilities; to operate office equipment; to order and maintain inventory of office supplies; to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing; to adhere to CPNJ and DDD personnel policies, guidelines and procedures; to establish and maintain proper working relationships with supervisors, administrators, parents and sponsors; to respect and maintain confidentiality; to maintain a safe working environment and adhere to standard health precautions; to maintain a valid driver’s license with fewer than 5 points at all times.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION/WORKING HOURS:
- Non-Exempt. Employee receives at least the minimum wage, is paid by the hour and is eligible to earn overtime compensation.
EXPOSURE CONTROL CLASSIFICATION:
- Every CPNJ employee is responsible for the implementation of the Exposure Control Plan (ECP). As specified in our exposure control plan this position is classified as: Category 2
- Employees who perform tasks that involve no exposure to blood or body fluids but may perform unplanned procedures usually performed by Category 1 employees.
- High school education; at least one year's experience in a clerical, secretarial or administrative capacity including use of Microsoft Office Suite or an equivalent combination of education and experience; valid driver’s license; fingerprint examination and approval; TB test and clearance