This Regional Sales Manager ( RSM ) works to deliver direct margin, growth, and APS targets within an assigned region of markets. Working closely with the Regional Director, the RSM provides the support necessary to ensure that the Region fully executes our core sales programs and processes through a growing pool of engaged and capable sales representatives and properly trained Sales management. The RSM works with the National Sales Team, the Regional Director, and local management to plan, organize, implement, monitor, and adjust sales programs for the region to meet and exceed sales, revenue, margin, and APS plans. The RSM will also play a key role in developing and operationalizing key initiatives.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with assigned markets to ensure they achieve key deliverables: APS, growth (dollars and units), direct margin installed, DML (closing, average ticket, margin rate), ESP
- Work closely with assigned markets to ensure proper use of company tools for, and proper execution of:
- Core management processes, including: scheduling, threshold management, allocation, phone support, quote follow-up
- Core development processes, including: new rep success, capacity growth, ride-alongs, InfoShares, and team communication
- Improvement opportunities (national, regional, local, individual) in productivity, performance, quality
- Drive improved results through an improved customer experience
- Monitor Net Promoter Scores and APS to resolve any outstanding customer issues and monitor excessive allowances.
- Use customer feedback, stories, and portal data to improve in-home execution
- Identify and correct root causes of customer sales complaints, such as bad conduct or missed appointments.
- Establish and operationalize region- and market-levels plans with the Sales VP and the Regional Director. Ensure sales goals and forecasts are consistent with the company s short-term budgets and long-range strategic objectives. Implement sales programs to meet/exceed revenue plan, expense goals, and increase customer satisfaction. Monitor, report, and adjust on activity and outcomes.
- Establish customer experience objectives with the Market Manager and Sales Manager to support the attainment of local and corporate APS objectives Establish sales objectives with the Market Manager and Sales Manager to support the attainment of local and corporate revenue, unit growth, and profit objectives.
- Support Sales Managers in preparation of monthly sales and lead forecasts, the sales contractor staffing requirements necessary to achieve them, and key actions required. Track monthly performance to specified activities and the staffing goal. Diagnose and address gaps on turnover / retention, recruiting, scheduling, or new rep success.
- Use communication, travel, and in-field presence to develop strong relationships with management and sales reps and to coach proper methods and processes to achieve growth.
- Conduct sales rep ride alongs
- Develop the ongoing training and sale rep staffing necessary to properly support the at-large sales force. Provide mentoring on sales techniques, the sales process, lead management.
- Conduct weekly structured sales status meetings to discuss problems, plan and adjust resources, communicate policy, review trending toward sales objectives, and develop initiatives for continual improvement.
- Devise regional, local, and product specific sales incentive plans and contests as necessary and within appropriate budget.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing associates, monitoring and assessing performance, and ensuring staffing levels are appropriate.
- Work with Purchasing and Product management to identify new trends in products, customer demands, and improve the overall sales rep product presentation.
- Continuously improve skills and expertise through workshops, seminars, and professional associations.
- 75% travel required
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge: Bachelor s Degree required. Ideal candidates would have come from organizations where they had direct responsibility for revenues in excess of $100mm, in a company with overall revenues of $1billion+ with experience developing customer service/quality programs to help improve the customer experience. 5+ years of verifiable retail operations management experience and success in a regional leadership role. Knowledge of process improvement concepts and measuring quality. In Home Sales experience is required.
Skills:High level of organization and analytical skills. Ability to use business key metrics to drive accountability and change. Excellent customer service and sales skills. Able to effectively communicate with various levels of management and demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times. Flexibility in a rapidly changing work environment. Work independently and be a self-starter. Ability to multitask and delegate in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work quickly and create interim solutions until permanent tool/process is available. Able to run a disciplined and structured environment. Strong commitment to quality service. Team oriented. Ability to travel nearly a minimum of 60% on an overnight basis. Highly motivated with a sense of urgency.
Physical Ability:Associate will spend a majority of time (i.e., 75%) overseeing sales efforts; using hands and arms to work on a computer which requires using a keyboard to enter data and/or send and respond to emails. The ability to walk and stand while conducting information sessions for sales reps. Associate will be able to physically and mentally perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. The ability to report to work on a regular basis.
Work Environment:This position is based in an home office/cubicle setting and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Location:Someone who lives within 50 miles of a major airport preferred,
This job description is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not preclude management s authority to add or change duties or responsibilities. Individuals requiring accommodation should contact a Human Resources Representative.
About EMPIRE TODAY
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies. By pressing apply and providing your telephone number and email address, you authorize Empire Today to contact you by email or telephone at the wireless or landline phone number provided using automated phone technology and/or text messaging. Message and data charges may apply. You may revoke consent at any time.