JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for coordinating all repairs, maintenance, and Capital Expense projects, while ensuring equipment, building requirements are maintained at the highest efficiency level possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Develop budgets for repair, maintenance, supplies, third party support and spare parts inventory.
- Negotiate maintenance contracts and other third party support for the Transportation department.
- Identify, prioritize and coordinate the daily activities of Technicians.
- Inspire, mentor and teach Technicians to achieve desired results in productivity, teamwork, safety and task proficiency.
- Ensure the Team has training and development on all technical aspects of Tran?s maintenance including, but not limited to, refrigeration, heavy duty tractors, trailer repair.
- Maintain proper staffing and certifications.
- Optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventive maintenance utilizing computerized maintenance system ?Fleet Assistant?.
- Monitor expenses by function and equipment.
- Provide ?hands on repairs? to all equipment repairs required.
- Maintain an adequate spare parts inventory, monitor purchasing and expense actions.
- Develop and foster strong vendor and contractor relationships to ensure the best quality, cost and customer service for the Transportation.
- Work nights and weekends if required for supervision or work-related problems.
- Maintain and monitor safety processes to keep the Trans Shop in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Effectively communicate both written and orally with supervisor and peers.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a 4-year degree or equivalent professional training and experience in heavy maintenance discipline.
- Have 5 - 7 years job experience on major diesel repairs, heavy duty tractor- trailer repairs, major refrigeration maintenance and repairs.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Be willing to work flexible hours.
- Have strong technical working knowledge of Medium/Heavy equipment.
- Possess computer skills including Windows, MSOffice and maintenance related computer systems.
- Possess a Valid Class C Driver?s License. Prefer Class A.
- Preferred knowledge to handle all trailer and reefer repairs.
- Have half of the following certifications with the other half achieved in 90 days of employment:
- A current ASE certification in Medium/Heavy Truck Brakes (Test T4)
- A current ASE certification in Medium/Heavy Truck Suspension and Steering (Test T5)
- Have one or all certifications in Cummins, Detroit or Maxx Force 13 Engines
- Brake systems and components
- Tractor diagnostics and repairs
- Spicer-fuller, Eaton transmissions
- Spicer-fuller, Eaton differentials
- Have knowledge of OSIIA, EPA, DOT and CSA related procedures and safety regulations.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center.
- This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority of the time.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.