Consumer Marketing Specialist
This position helps our members grow their retail sales by assisting them in designing and implementing a consumer-focused marketing program designed to increase store traffic, top line sales and profitability. This position will work with our members, corporate staff and vendors who assist us in creating and distributing marketing materials, including print, digital and website presences and promotional in-store elements. Consumer data and POS data will be used by Consumer Marketing Specialists to develop these plans, so an aptitude and enthusiasm for data-driven approach will be important. Travel up to 25% of schedule is expected. Travel includes member visits, markets and conferences.
- Consult with members and SBD Managers about our Consumer Marketing program.
- Basic knowledge of Do it Best marketing programs including (but not limited to) OASIS, CMC, Targit, ADpak℠, Ecommerce, Best Rewards and Digital Dashboard.
- Advise members on value and process to customize promotions
- Maintain continuous contact with all members to increase marketing efforts, regardless of member sales volume or past participation.
- Market all programs to ensure successful participation and steady growth
- Increase Do it Best Member involvement in all consumer marketing programs.
- Provide members with analysis of their current marketing program and make recommendations for improvements
- Recommend integrated marketing opportunities for members using all consumer data and POS Data in order to maximize store traffic, retail sales and profitability.
- Special projects as assigned by the Consumer Marketing Manager
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or equivalent experience.
- Consumer marketing or related experience
- Consumer-focused marketing experience with printed material, digital advertising, basic website design, e-mail, social media and loyalty programs.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to consult with members, gain buy-in, and close the sale
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work creatively and well with others
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and take initiative to meet deadlines
- Ability to review and effectively interpret data from multiple sources
Integrated Marketing Communications