To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelby, OH 44875
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
PART TIME COUNSELOR
Abraxas (A GEO Company) • Shelby, OH
Posted 24 days ago
Facility: ABRAXAS OF OHIO
Compensation Base: 13.50
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This is a part-time direct service position providing a full range of services directed toward the therapeutic care and rehabilitation of adolescents. Incumbent participates in the planning, organization and delivery of cross-disciplinary services, (i.e., case work, counseling, specialized treatment, etc.) according to individual skills and abilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs IOP’s, case management, crisis intervention, family counseling and individual and group counseling.
- Works and counsels with individual residents to effect and monitor treatment and progress.
- Utilizes group-counseling techniques to effectively monitor and enhance treatment progress.
- Develops and implements resident Treatment Plans.
- Contacts residents to evaluate needs and specific requirements.
- Works with resident’s families to understand case history and life environment.
- Works with colleagues and agency staff to develop specific effective Treatment
- Works with external agency staff (probation officers, case workers) to understand case history and identify specific treatment needs.
- Coordinates the implementation of treatment related activities.
- Maintains necessary documentation.
- Ensures compliance with clinical programming.
- Enforces facility rules and standards of behavior.
- Maintains and completes required documentation prior to the end of the shift. To include: Communication Log, Incident Reports, Progress Notes, and treatment related documentation.
- Prepares reports as required by Abraxas and external sources. To include: Progress Reports, Court Reports, Discharge Summaries, etc.
- Maintains necessary documentation as it relates to individual and group
- Provides for the physical care and safety of the residents.
- Ensures clients receive essential supplies, such as food, clothing and hygiene
- Maintains eyeball supervision and proximity control to ensure clients are safe and secure at all times.
- Performs issues interventions when needed, including safely and effectively managing aggressive behavior.
- Monitors resident movement.
- Screens residents returning to the facility.
- Reports significant changes in the behavior, attitude, and physical condition of residents to appropriate supervisory staff.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Experience in social work, crisis intervention, and counseling.
- MA/MS degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing or other related field; OR
- BA/BS degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing or other related field, with at least one year of related experience
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.