Our client, a Fortune 50 global leader in the finance industry, is hiring a Business Control Specialist to join their Global Banking and Market Operations group in Charlotte, NC. GBMO is a centralized operations team supporting Global Markets, Global Wealth Investment Banking, Corporate Treasury, and Corporate Investments lines of business.
The Client Operational Services (COS) group provides operational support globally with the overall aim to embed unified processes and controls for all client and partner transactions across the firm. Functions range from the accurate set-up of client, account and product data, to efficiently on-boarding our clients and partners, managing our cash and funding accounts, custody services and to serving our clients.
Operations Risk & Quality Assurance is responsible for demonstrating, monitoring and managing the effectiveness and adequacy of the risk and control environment supporting Client Operational Services within Global Markets Operations (GMO). The team's main objectives are to provide best in class risk process knowledge and lead holistic risk governance by ensuring full transparency and consistency across the risk management practices. It also drives the Risk Culture agenda across the organization to sustain effective risk management in line with the overall enterprise Risk Framework to support 'responsible growth'.
What you’ll do
Members of the Risk Governance Team are pivotal in leading risk disciplines, providing full transparency and driving risk-based decisions through collaboration with the wider Operations Risk network across GT&O, GBMO, GMO Risk groups and control partners such as Audit, Compliance and Operational Risk. Responsibilities to include:
• Providing horizontal oversight of all risk issues and events through reporting and routines
• Working closely with other control partners and standardize risk management processes to ensure consistent approach is taken across the organization
• Providing qualitative and quantitative analysis on risk issues and events to Operations leadership team to drive risk-based decisions to strengthen control environment
• Coordinating self-assessments / attestations to ensure timeliness and completeness as well as monitor any remediation required
• Designing and implementing risk culture initiative to continue to drive awareness across the organization
Who we’re looking for:
GBMO recruits highly motivated individuals who can help the firm and its clients facilitate business. Professionals in Operations come from various academic and professional backgrounds and display the following qualities and attributes:
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) to be able to drive and influence risk-based decisions
• Excellent people /stakeholder management skills at all levels of seniority
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and objective problem solver
• Ability to work independently and be results driven whilst being a strong team player
What sets you apart?
• Positive and motivated to perform in an diverse environment where the type of work will regularly change
• Proven track record of improving processes and demonstrating successful teamwork
• Knowledgeable in Global Markets products or support functions
Attention To Detail