Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medication management – are leading the way to a new level of care.
We recently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.SM
The Pharmacy Tech/Medication Coordinator position at Genoa is an essential role that impacts the lives of an underserved population that needs a voice. This position is a liaison between a partner clinic and a Genoa mental health specialty pharmacy. Primary responsibilities include building strong relationships with the clinic partners and communicating with consumers to assist them with their medication plan, insurance and the full services of the Genoa pharmacy. A key function will be promoting Genoa services to obtain new consumers and increasing the number of consumers Genoa serves.
Daily communication with mentally ill patients, building relationships with clinic staff and consumers with an eagerness to problem solve any issues that arise.
Outgoing and friendly personality is required to provide special care to our consumers. Marketing pharmacy Rx services is a daily task.
Schedule will be Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, No nights, Holidays, or Weekends!
8 Paid holidays and 18 PTO days first year of employment.
Must be a nationally certified Pharmacy Technician.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build strong relationships with various Genoa partners including: consumers, case managers and clinic staff to educate and deliver on the services Genoa provides.
- Drive fun and exciting marketing events to promote Genoa’s services in partnership with the clinic.
- Enroll consumers in our services and coordinate the various steps in assisting the consumer in the proper filling and delivering of medication, including the partnership with the clinic staff and the Genoa Pharmacy to answer any medication questions.
- Educate consumers on the ability to fill all additional prescriptions through the Genoa Pharmacy.
- Ensure all consumers insurance information is up to date in the Pharmacy system and is properly charged for the medications delivered.
- Assist clinic staff and pharmacy with prior authorizations and Patient Assistance programs.
- Organize the collection of prescriptions to be fulfilled at the Genoa Pharmacy and coordinate the delivery of medication. Maintain a high level of accuracy on consumer insurance information.
- Partner with clinic staff and Genoa Pharmacy to obtain prior authorizations and Patient Assistance programs.
- Execute monthly prescription refill calls to include, compliance, monitoring medication refills and insurance.
- Review and monitor regular reporting cycles and interpreting that data to drive actions with clinic staff and consumers.
- Administrative tasks including weekly reporting on medication discrepancies, dose changes and discontinued medications for consumer.
- Must be a nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Prior healthcare experience preferred
- Driving is required, use of own vehicle, mileage reimbursed
- Desire to help the underserved population in the mental and behavioral healthcare community
- Strong desire to assist consumers with their medication plan to create the right outcome with an emphasis on customer care.
- Thrives on innovation to create solutions.
- Strong history of relationship selling with a drive to deliver increased results.
- Ability to interpret data to drive action and deliver results.
- Proven ability to organize and stay on top of many activities at one time.
Please go to the website to apply, do not contact the Pharmacy directly.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: pharmacy, customer service, healthcare, pharmacy technician, PTCB, patient care, pharm, tech, pharmacy, pharmacist, medical, coordinator, customer service, retail, LTC, marketing, sales, best place to work, pharmacy, pharm, tech, CPHT, RPHT, PTCB, EXCPT