You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Regional Manager Fleet Maintenance (Chicagoland area)
Transervice Logistics awarded Winner of 2022 Best Places to Work
Regional Manager Fleet Maintenance (Chicagoland area):
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, multi-task orientated leader responsible to plan, direct, coordinate and provide oversight and direction to three fleet contract maintenance operations, ensuring that the companys resources are managed and coordinated in an efficient and professional manner. This position requires expertise in managing Heavy Equipment Class 8 and Trailer Refrigeration Fleet Maintenance, data analysis, P&L/budgets, Labor Relations, training personnel, addressing complaints and resolving problems. This position will oversee the Class 8 and trailer refrigeration fleet maintenance operations of 3 locations in the Chicagoland area.
- Provides direct supervision to local management to ensure the process of equipment repairs, rapid turnaround of equipment and quality assurance/control procedures are in place and functioning properly.
- Reviews completed work for timeliness, completeness, accuracy and quality
- Evaluates and implements employee training, shop safety program/OSHA standards, tool inventory and accountability procedures, and inspections and certifications
- Develops and reviews training requirements for mechanics to keep pace with the maintenance requirements of new equipment
- Coordinates outside fleet repairs, may identify and places orders for repair/replacement parts for vehicles and equipment
- Make recommendations to the Vice President of Maintenance for short and long term solutions to issues discovered in the operations.
- Full operational and budgetary responsibility (P&L) for 3 divisions
- Ensure satisfactory labor management relationships and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
- Assist in collective bargaining negotiations
Position will be domiciled in Melrose Park, IL
Our Full Time Benefits include:
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available.
- Company Car or car allowance will be provided
- Bonus plan based on achieving KPI's for all 3 divisions.
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match (immediate vesting).
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance.
- Health Care Spending Account.
- Proven knowledge of Heavy Equipment Class 8 and Trailer Refrigeration Fleet Maintenance, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Proven experience in Labor Relations pertaining to union negotiations and relationships • Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer needs.
- Full P&L/Budget with well-developed business acumen to effectively balance the creative work required with the analytical requirements of the position • Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective and safe operations for the protection of employees and property.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource principles, leadership technique, and coordination of employees and resources.
- Understanding of OHSA, EPA, DOT regulations to ensure compliance at all times.
- Knowledge of RTA maintenance software preferred • Demonstrate abilities to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams
Transervice is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Please submit resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Regional Manager Fleet Maintenance (Chicagoland area)
- Collective Bargaining
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Service
- Data Analysis
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: LI20-10440_3532867037
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.